News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 pm

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

wrveres wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
wrveres wrote:she was born in warerloo, and moved away when she was very young.

Everything I've seen says she was 12 when she moved away, which may or may not be "very young," but it's certainly old enough to know whether your town's most famous son was a horrible actor or serial killer. But that was really my secondary point, even though I wrote it first. If you are a candidate for president, absolutely everything in your speech sould be fact-checked. Everything.
Was it in the speech? Im pretty sure that it was in an interview after the fact. As a matter of fact, no, it was an interview after the fact ... But hey, i'll let you guys have your fun, and you can go on thinking that she was praising John Wayne Gacy.

I don't think anybody is claiming she's praising John Wayne Gacy... more the comedy involved in her believing that the actor John Wayne was from Waterloo when it was, in fact, the serial killer. It's a comical oversight. If you can't see the funny there, then you're letting politics blind you.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Everything I've seen says she was 12 when she moved away, which may or may not be "very young," but it's certainly old enough to know whether your town's most famous son was a horrible actor or serial killer. But that was really my secondary point, even though I wrote it first. If you are a candidate for president, absolutely everything in your speech sould be fact-checked. Everything.
Was it in the speech? Im pretty sure that it was in an interview after the fact. As a matter of fact, no, it was an interview after the fact ... But hey, i'll let you guys have your fun, and you can go on thinking that she was praising John Wayne Gacy.

I don't think anybody is claiming she's praising John Wayne Gacy... more the comedy involved in her believing that the actor John Wayne was from Waterloo when it was, in fact, the serial killer. It's a comical oversight. If you can't see the funny there, then you're letting politics blind you.
its possible. but just knowing the history of conservative women and the media, im always on my toes. You dont see me out here defending Boehner or others. Heck they did the same thing to Hillary. Its sexism actually. They always compare her to Palin, who is not even running. Never to the male candidates. Watch. George Stephanopoulos told her that all 23 of her foster children are fair game. Fox news asked her if she was "A flake". Who does that?

Its kinda sad actually. Sexist, and sad.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 am

wrveres wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
wrveres wrote:she was born in warerloo, and moved away when she was very young.

Everything I've seen says she was 12 when she moved away, which may or may not be "very young," but it's certainly old enough to know whether your town's most famous son was a horrible actor or serial killer. But that was really my secondary point, even though I wrote it first. If you are a candidate for president, absolutely everything in your speech sould be fact-checked. Everything.
Was it in the speech? Im pretty sure that it was in an interview after the fact. As a matter of fact, no, it was an interview after the fact ... But hey, i'll let you guys have your fun, and you can go on thinking that she was praising John Wayne Gacy.

That's exactly the kind of tidbit I'd be sure on before speaking if I were a presidential candidate. It does change things a little, but not that much. A speech or a nationally televised interview...either way a presidential candidate should be sure of the accuracy of their statements.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 am

Art Vandelay wrote:either way a presidential candidate should be sure of the accuracy of their statements in all 57 states.


and did you call john wayne a horrible actor :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:07 pm

wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:And she got a calling from God to run for political office.
Bat poop crazy, that one.
aren't you a religious person? dont you pray? dont you "talk" to your god? if not sorry, but i always thought you were a religious person.

i am, though probably not the extent you are thinking, and i still believe her statement is crazy

i could explain how that's not contradictory, but i don't feel like it right now
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby markj11 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

umm.. i'd hit it.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 am

An Arlington Heights man was fined $500 after he turned in $17,000 but lied about how and where he actually found the cash, police said today.

Robert Adams, 54, was cited today for filing a false report with the Rolling Meadows Police Department.

On the evening of June 6, Adams found a Chase Bank bag full of cash totaling about $17,000 near a Walgreens ATM in Midlothian, police said. Instead of turning the cash in at that location, Adams drove to Rolling Meadows and turned in the bag at a Chase Bank. He later told police he found the cash outside a newspaper stand in Rolling Meadows.

After investigators reviewed video surveillance, they discovered Adams found the money in Midlothian, according to Rolling Meadows Police Sgt. Tony Gaspari in a news release.

When reached by phone Wednesday night, Adams said he felt more comfortable turning the cash in to Rolling Meadows officials and filing the report with Rolling Meadows police.

"I know now a little better than I knew then," he said. "I feel very badly and understand why I should have told the truth."

Adams said it was a hot day and he just wanted to get home. "I wasn't looking for a reward. I was just doing the right thing," he said.

Adams said he was told Wednesday he had to pay a $500 fine for filing a false report. "I accept the fine. I'm very sorry about this whole thing."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 6359.story
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am

i think it's only right that Chase pick up this fine for him.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:but bachmann is crazy
there's no denying that
are you expecting a response to that?

Mook. she is a mother of 5. a foster mother to over 20 other kids, a successful attorney, and she founded one of the first charter schools in the US geared towards at risk children. And she drives the left crazy. Google her, and you'll see them calling her things like whore and slut ... typical left wing politics. Heck, just this weekend a Washington Post reporter called her a "Barbie with Fangs" ...



I've looked her up. Everything is fine until you hit this:

Bachmann has charged that global warming is a hoax[57] and has been a vocal skeptic of global warming.[58] She has asserted that since carbon dioxide is "a natural byproduct of nature", it is a beneficial gas required by plant life. She stated that because life requires carbon dioxide and it is part of the planet's life cycle, it cannot be harmful. In a statement she made on the House floor on Earth Day, April 22, 2009, Bachmann stated she was against the cap and trade climate legislation, stating: "Carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas. Carbon dioxide is natural; it is not harmful.... We're being told we have to reduce this natural substance to create an arbitrary reduction in something that is naturally occurring in the earth."[59]

Aghghghgghhhhh

How....how......

AHHHHHHHH

My brain just broke
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact