News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:44 pm

wrveres wrote:
A driver who hit a pedestrian along Interstate 45 in southeast Houston early this morning didn’t stop even though the victim smashed through his windshield and landed in the front passenger seat, officials said. Police said a man was driving his Ford Explorer on the freeway when it broke down. He pulled to the shoulder and got out and began trying to cross the freeway. The man was hit by a black Mazda, driven by Onak, police said. Police said the collision forced the victim’s body through the windshield, and he landed in the front passenger seat inside the car. Onak did not stop after the collision, police said. Police said he allegedly got off the freeway and drove a few blocks before a Precinct 8 Harris County Constable pulled him over at 11600 Kirkvalley near Beamer, and the deputy noticed the car’s front was damaged. Then the deputy saw the victim in the car, police added.
Police said Onak told the deputy he had hit something on the freeway and that he didn’t know the victim was in the passenger seat beside him. Onak was believed to be under the influence and a mandatory blood draw was taken.

Didn't know the victim was next to him!?!?

8-o 8-o 8-o

Priceless!!!

:-D :-D :-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

wrveres wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
wrveres wrote:The liberal press in all 57 states is all prepared to headline every single gaffe coming from any Republican. Maybe Bachman should just take to reading prepared speech from a teleprompter Instead. Of course then you'd demand to see all her emails.

btw, what ever happened to that? So much build up by the liberal media, for weeks, CNN even cut in live to reporters sitting in a room in Alaska reading emails .... and then ... nothing ...... ;-7

but bachmann is crazy
there's no denying that
are you expecting a response to that?

Mook. she is a mother of 5. a foster mother to over 20 other kids, a successful attorney, and she founded one of the first charter schools in the US geared towards at risk children. And she drives the left crazy. Google her, and you'll see them calling her things like whore and slut ... typical left wing politics. Heck, just this weekend a Washington Post reporter called her a "Barbie with Fangs" ...

I've looked her up. Everything is fine until you hit this:

Bachmann has charged that global warming is a hoax[57] and has been a vocal skeptic of global warming.[58] She has asserted that since carbon dioxide is "a natural byproduct of nature", it is a beneficial gas required by plant life. She stated that because life requires carbon dioxide and it is part of the planet's life cycle, it cannot be harmful. In a statement she made on the House floor on Earth Day, April 22, 2009, Bachmann stated she was against the cap and trade climate legislation, stating: "Carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas. Carbon dioxide is natural; it is not harmful.... We're being told we have to reduce this natural substance to create an arbitrary reduction in something that is naturally occurring in the earth."[59]

She calls global warming hokum and a hoax and gave a speech in the house all about how great CO2 is for us.

Her website says zero about the environment. She is completely apathetic to the most important issue.

When forced to take a stand her record has her pinned as one of the top 12 anti-environment lawmakers.

This makes me sad.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:46 pm

And she got a calling from God to run for political office.
Bat poop crazy, that one.

Best comment I've heard about her so far: "She's the candidate for people who think Sarah Palin is too intellectual."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Wow. She has said some crazy things. Wipe of unemployment by taking away the minimum wage?
What is it with Minnesota? First Jesse the Body and now her.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

That would be almost excusable if she were just a politician trying to appeal to the locals, but she's FROM Waterloo. She wasn't just visiting. Also fact checking statements you are planning to say publicly as a presidential candidate is mandatory if you don't want to look like an idiot. I mean, she literally compared herself to a guy who brutally murdered 27 people. Even more, they were boys, with their cars, summer jobs. Oh my Gooood!
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

she was born in warerloo, and moved away when she was very young.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

StlSluggers wrote:And she got a calling from God to run for political office.
Bat poop crazy, that one.
aren't you a religious person? dont you pray? dont you "talk" to your god? if not sorry, but i always thought you were a religious person.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

wrveres wrote:she was born in warerloo, and moved away when she was very young.

Everything I've seen says she was 12 when she moved away, which may or may not be "very young," but it's certainly old enough to know whether your town's most famous son was a horrible actor or serial killer. But that was really my secondary point, even though I wrote it first. If you are a candidate for president, absolutely everything in your speech sould be fact-checked. Everything.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Everything I've seen says she was 12 when she moved away, which may or may not be "very young," but it's certainly old enough to know whether your town's most famous son was a horrible actor or serial killer. But that was really my secondary point, even though I wrote it first. If you are a candidate for president, absolutely everything in your speech sould be fact-checked. Everything.

Yes, it sould be :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Was it in the speech? Im pretty sure that it was in an interview after the fact. As a matter of fact, no, it was an interview after the fact ... But hey, i'll let you guys have your fun, and you can go on thinking that she was praising John Wayne Gacy.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk