News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby Tis » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:I'd advise you to stay out of the South. The South is not PC and knows the difference between right and wrong.

That's the difference between the north and the south. You can come north and you won't get beaten up or get your rights trampled...unless you happen to have the puck at the time.

That's got to be the broadest generalization I've ever seen. So there's no crime or hate in the north?

I don't know that I really approve of the police complicity, but the trick with the cars was pretty clever by the folks down there. And honestly, it might have been for the asshats' best interests, this was definitely the kind of event where one of those clowns could have gotten shot. Although the party and cheering onlookers at that funeral would be some karmic justice.
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:

I'd advise you to stay out of the South. The South is not PC and knows the difference between right and wrong.

That's the difference between the north and the south. You can come north and you won't get beaten up or get your rights trampled...unless you happen to have the puck at the time.

FYI - Canada is not America North

TD Banknorth Garden is.

Bruins suck.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Tis wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:I'd advise you to stay out of the South. The South is not PC and knows the difference between right and wrong.

That's got to be the broadest generalization I've ever seen. So there's no crime or hate in the north?

Any crime in the north is perpetrated by visiting southerners. I kid you not.
But there is hate. We hate the Bruins.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Tis wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Do you many southerners or do many live in your area?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm

markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
markj11 wrote:
You're right, I had to look it up:

So...ummm...other than proving me right, what's your point? That's not what "politically correct" means. Supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptists to preach their hate and idiocy is literally the exact opposite of politically correct.

I said you right and thought that definition was funny. Calm down.

My bad. I thought you were being sarcastic. You're right though...we all need to calm down. Just caaaaaaalllmmmmmm down.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm

markj11 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Tis wrote:

Do you many southerners or do many live in your area?

No southerners live in my area. But I have traveled all over the American south and my sister used to live in Richmond. Nicest, friendliest people in the world.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 am

Mookie4ever wrote:That's the difference between the north and the south. You can come north and you won't get beaten up or get your rights trampled...unless you happen to be a conservative.
fyp.

Art. I agree with you whole-heartedly. If citizens had taken action to block roads, and their cars into parking lots, i'd have no problem with this. Its the police actions which have crossed the line. imo.

StlSluggers wrote:FYI - Canada is not America North

it will be some day.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:03 am

Miss. sheriff: Online WBC reports are false
Mississippi mainstream media find no evidence that incident really happened

A Mississippi sheriff sought Thursday to dispel Internet reports that members of Topeka’s Westboro Baptist Church showed up in his county this past weekend to protest at the funeral of a serviceman killed in Afghanistan.

Rankin County, Miss., Sheriff Ronnie Pennington said although Westboro Baptist members indicated in advance that they intended to protest at the funeral, none of them came to his county.

Accounts posted recently on several Web blogs said Rankin County residents foiled attempts by members of Pastor Fred W. Phelps Sr.’s congregation to leave their hotel to protest at Saturday’s funeral in Brandon, Miss., of Marine Staff Sgt. Jason A. Rogers, 28, who was killed in action April 7 in Afghanistan.

The reports said trucks were used to block cars with Kansas license plates from leaving their hotel, and that wreckers were unavailable to move the blocking vehicles. Another report said a Westboro Baptist member was beaten, but that police could obtain no details from a crowd of onlookers.

The blogs said church members who made it to the funeral were ushered away by police to be questioned about a crime, then released after it was determined they weren't involved.

Sources at the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion Ledger, the newspaper in the media market closest to Brandon, said the newspaper had made numerous attempts to verify the story, but could find no confirmation that it ever happened.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby markj11 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:10 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Miss. sheriff: Online WBC reports are false
Mississippi mainstream media find no evidence that incident really happened

A Mississippi sheriff sought Thursday to dispel Internet reports that members of Topeka’s Westboro Baptist Church showed up in his county this past weekend to protest at the funeral of a serviceman killed in Afghanistan.

Rankin County, Miss., Sheriff Ronnie Pennington said although Westboro Baptist members indicated in advance that they intended to protest at the funeral, none of them came to his county.

Accounts posted recently on several Web blogs said Rankin County residents foiled attempts by members of Pastor Fred W. Phelps Sr.’s congregation to leave their hotel to protest at Saturday’s funeral in Brandon, Miss., of Marine Staff Sgt. Jason A. Rogers, 28, who was killed in action April 7 in Afghanistan.

The reports said trucks were used to block cars with Kansas license plates from leaving their hotel, and that wreckers were unavailable to move the blocking vehicles. Another report said a Westboro Baptist member was beaten, but that police could obtain no details from a crowd of onlookers.

The blogs said church members who made it to the funeral were ushered away by police to be questioned about a crime, then released after it was determined they weren't involved.

Sources at the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion Ledger, the newspaper in the media market closest to Brandon, said the newspaper had made numerous attempts to verify the story, but could find no confirmation that it ever happened.

I had my doubts since I hadn't heard anything locally. Also, in the other story the person quoted used the word "arse", nobody uses "arse" down here.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 am

markj11 wrote:
I had my doubts since I hadn't heard anything locally. Also, in the other story the person quoted used the word "arse", nobody uses "arse" down here.

You guys haven't figured out how to use it in a sentence to describe your attractive cousins yet?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk