News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 am

Stomping on peoples' rights because you disagree with them is the new black.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am

bigh0rt wrote:Stomping on peoples' rights because you disagree with them is the new black.

I agree.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:18 am

Won't surprise anyone, but for the record I agree with Mississippi. The Westboro people are so far out of line it isn't even remotely close to funny. They have zero right to disrupt, interfere, or be a nuisance at a funeral, regardless of what they think or what the Supreme Court ruled. The people attending the funeral have rights as well, for those who have conveniently overlooked that fact, and once someone's "so-called" rights trample the rights of others, that puts them in the wrong. Hopefully the Westboro people got the message loud and clear now, but if not, they really need to consider that next time they all might not leave alive. Killing one (or more) of them would be the next step in getting their attention. Not saying that would be right or that I'd condone it, but that would be the next step, so I'd suggest they find another avenue for their protests.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:18 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I guess I'm the only one that isn't impressed with that. Not to defend these Westboro morons, but to me that sounds like multiple government agencies, law enforcement and individuals conspiring to prevent a group from exercising their right to free speech--a right that was recently upheld by the Supreme Court. They went so far as to apparently assault someone because they disagreed with what they said, prevent them from leaving their hotel parking lot (which someone could probably get charged with kidnapping for, if, you know...the local law enforcement wasnt' crooked and complicit in the crime) and actually have police illegally detain people. It's dispicable, really. I hate what the Westboro people stand for, I hate the way they express their opinion, I hate that the media continues to give them so much attention, I hate just about everything about them, but I absolutely can't support that kind of action to prevent them from protesting.

I'd advise you to stay out of the South. The South is not PC and knows the difference between right and wrong.

If you think that supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptist Church to picket soldiers funerals is "PC" you have absolutely no idea of what "PC" means.

You're right, I had to look it up:
1. politically correct

A way that we speak in America so we don't offend whining p**sies.
Only pathetically weak people that don't have the balls to say what they feel and mean are politically correct p**sies.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 am

I hate PC message board editing. :-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 pm

markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
markj11 wrote:

I'd advise you to stay out of the South. The South is not PC and knows the difference between right and wrong.

If you think that supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptist Church to picket soldiers funerals is "PC" you have absolutely no idea of what "PC" means.

1. politically correct

Only pathetically weak people that don't have the balls to say what they feel and mean are politically correct p**sies.

So...ummm...other than proving me right, what's your point? That's not what "politically correct" means. Supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptists to preach their hate and idiocy is literally the exact opposite of politically correct.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 pm

http://www.good.is/post/ku-klux-klan-sa ... n-burning/

Even the KKK looks at the Terry Jones Q'uran burning escapade and says "watch it, you might want to cool it on the hatefulness"

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If you think that supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptist Church to picket soldiers funerals is "PC" you have absolutely no idea of what "PC" means.

1. politically correct

So...ummm...other than proving me right, what's your point? That's not what "politically correct" means. Supporting the rights of the Westboro Baptists to preach their hate and idiocy is literally the exact opposite of politically correct.

I said you right and thought that definition was funny. Calm down.
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 pm

markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I guess I'm the only one that isn't impressed with that. Not to defend these Westboro morons, but to me that sounds like multiple government agencies, law enforcement and individuals conspiring to prevent a group from exercising their right to free speech--a right that was recently upheld by the Supreme Court. They went so far as to apparently assault someone because they disagreed with what they said, prevent them from leaving their hotel parking lot (which someone could probably get charged with kidnapping for, if, you know...the local law enforcement wasnt' crooked and complicit in the crime) and actually have police illegally detain people. It's dispicable, really. I hate what the Westboro people stand for, I hate the way they express their opinion, I hate that the media continues to give them so much attention, I hate just about everything about them, but I absolutely can't support that kind of action to prevent them from protesting.

That's the difference between the north and the south. You can come north and you won't get beaten up or get your rights trampled...unless you happen to have the puck at the time.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:

That's the difference between the north and the south. You can come north and you won't get beaten up or get your rights trampled...unless you happen to have the puck at the time.

FYI - Canada is not America North
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk