News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Kid wins a basketball championship at 18, then has an aneurism on his flight to Disneyworld. Then things turn really bad.

He's treated at Stanford, where he suddenly develops Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, a rare disease that causes a person's skin to "burn" off from the inside out - and he's now blind. To top it all off, Stanford doesn't have the facilities to treat the "burns". Berkeley does, but they won't take him because he's not a resident of California.

8-o 8-o 8-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Metroid » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

man that's crazy. :-/
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Kipp Rusty Walker, 19, took the stage at Strictly Organic Coffee in the town of Bend, Or. on Thursday to perform a song he called "Sorry for the Mess."

When he finished playing, he pulled out a knife with a double-edged 6 inch blade and stabbed himself multiple times in the chest in front of a confused crowd of roughly 15 people.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm

He said he warned Walker that killing himself would have lasting implications.

really?
scottaa1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:44 am

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:16 pm

24-month financing! Yes!!!
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:49 pm

My girlfriend recently bought me this cable for my birthday and I was immediately excited. I had already purchased a SunBrite 55" Outdoor LCD TV and new that the picture quality was lacking due to the cheap $500 cable that I was talked into downgrading to. This one, at only a little more than 3x the price, would surely take me to another plane of viewing pleasure. Oh how right I was.

Once I connected my TiVo and television with the cable I sat in front of it and turned on the power. For 30 seconds I saw colors that I never knew existed, never had existed before this AV combo of the Gods was brought to this earth. Then, I went completely blind. The awesomeness that shot out of the television was too great for mortal eyes. In panic I called to my girlfriend. She ran into the room, only to scream and attempt to flee. Apparently the refraction from this new technological prism created an inter-dimensional rift. Flying armored goats flew past me, grabbed my girlfriend, and retreated into the portal.

Now, thanks to AudioQuest and their Coffee colored cable that went so well with my plush futon and matching shag carpet, I must make pursuit into the portal. Blind, with only my Boston Terrier Jake to guide me, I must venture into their world and slay the Ram King. This may be farewell, but I must try and right this wrong. Please heed this warning. Stick to the AudioQuest Carbon Platinum HDMI cable or a lesser quality plasma TV.

What's great about it: Color matched my shag carpet and futon, allowed me to see further past the visible light spectrum.

What's not so great: Went blind, girlfriend captured by winged livestock, may have unleashed Armageddon.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Westboro Protestors Stymied in Mississippi

“A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.”
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 pm

well played mississippi, well played.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk