News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Do you really think you should get the death penalty for accidentally killing someone while drunk driving or was that just there to make a point? :-? Because the death penalty should be used only if there is intent to kill, and in the case of drunk driving, you shouldn't get the death penalty for making a mistake and then having it have unintended consequences.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm

scottaa1 wrote:were you personally affected by a drunk driver or something? You seem over-reactive to it.

nope, i just think it's one of the stupidest, most selfish things that people can do in this society without a harsh penalty. it is never ok to put other people's lives at risk because of your own stupidity. drunk drivers are scumbags, period.

seriously, i don't do drugs, but how can anyone say that drugs in the privacy of your own home should have a harsher punishment than driving drunk and potentially injuring/killing innocent people. it blows my mind how backwards some laws are.

if it doesn't effect anyone else negatively it should be legal.

if it effects other people negatively it should be illegal.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:34 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Do you really think you should get the death penalty for accidentally killing someone while drunk driving or was that just there to make a point? :-? Because the death penalty should be used only if there is intent to kill, and in the case of drunk driving, you shouldn't get the death penalty for making a mistake and then having it have unintended consequences.

by drunk driving you are knowingly putting other people's lives at risk which is practically murder in my opinion. leave the punishment up to the victim's family, they can choose whether or not to kill the scumbag.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 pm

We're coming to the defense of drunk drivers now? What's next, defending child molesters?

Oh, wait...
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Do you really think you should get the death penalty for accidentally killing someone while drunk driving or was that just there to make a point? :-? Because the death penalty should be used only if there is intent to kill, and in the case of drunk driving, you shouldn't get the death penalty for making a mistake and then having it have unintended consequences.

by drunk driving you are knowingly putting other people's lives at risk which is practically murder in my opinion. leave the punishment up to the victim's family, they can choose whether or not to kill the scumbag.

That's practically murder? By being the owner of a bungee jumping company, you are knowingly putting other people's lives at risk. Should they get the death penalty if someone dies bungee jumping?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:13 pm

knapplc wrote:We're coming to the defense of drunk drivers now? What's next, defending child molesters?

Oh, wait...

I haven't seen anyone defend a child molester here... Yet.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby dAnzac » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:25 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:seriously, if you're refusing a breath test then you're probably drunk and I have no problem with law enforcement doing what they need to do to catch you. as it is the punishments for drunk driving are waaaaaaay too lenient and should look something like this:

drunk driving first offense:
1 year jail
5 years no license
huge fine

drunk driving second offense:
5 years jail
can never get a license
huger fine

drunk driving third offense:
10 years jail
you get sterilized
hugest fine

if you ever kill someone while drunk driving: death penalty

GiantsFan14 wrote:i just think it's one of the stupidest, most selfish things that people can do in this society without a harsh penalty. it is never ok to put other people's lives at risk because of your own stupidity. drunk drivers are scumbags, period.

seriously, i don't do drugs, but how can anyone say that drugs in the privacy of your own home should have a harsher punishment than driving drunk and potentially injuring/killing innocent people. it blows my mind how backwards some laws are.

Agreed 100% ;-D

StlSluggers wrote:I haven't seen anyone defend a child molester here... Yet.

NEATO WAS ROBBED!
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:31 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

That's practically murder? By being the owner of a bungee jumping company, you are knowingly putting other people's lives at risk. Should they get the death penalty if someone dies bungee jumping?

Haha....what the hell? :-b

That's not a good analogy. The owner of the bungee jumping company doesn't put my life at risk because I don't chose to bungee jump. That's the difference, there is a choice, you know the danger, and sign a waiver. With drunk drivers they aren't giving you a choice, and you don't sign a waiver. They get in their car drunk and put others in serious danger without them knowing. Sure you don't mean to kill anyone, but you make the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car. If someone dies because of your negligence you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I don't know if that should be the death penalty, I'm not going to get into that part of it, but you did make a premeditated decision to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated. And everyone else on the road is put in danger because of that choice. No other way around that.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Metroid wrote:That's not a good analogy. The owner of the bungee jumping company doesn't put my life at risk because I don't chose to bungee jump. That's the difference, there is a choice, you know the danger, and sign a waiver. With drunk drivers they aren't giving you a choice, and you don't sign a waiver. They get in their car drunk and put others in serious danger without them knowing. Sure you don't mean to kill anyone, but you make the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car. If someone dies because of your negligence you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I don't know if that should be the death penalty, I'm not going to get into that part of it, but you did make a premeditated decision to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated. And everyone else on the road is put in danger because of that choice. No other way around that.

This. seriously lol at that analogy. choosing to put your own life at risk is very different than someone else putting your life at risk without giving you a choice in the matter.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk