Keep Ellsbury or Strasburg? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep Ellsbury or Strasburg?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keep Ellsbury or Strasburg?

Postby prguy1979 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 am

Id keep Ellsbury.

Is their a team in your league that value the youth movement? if so you may want to dangle Strousburg, Castro, and the rest of your youth throw backs and see if you can get a good price on them. Maybe a better catcher than Weiters, i know he is suppose to be amaizing but you never know.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ImStupid » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm

prguy1979 wrote:Id keep Ellsbury.

Is their a team in your league that value the youth movement? if so you may want to dangle Strousburg, Castro, and the rest of your youth throw backs and see if you can get a good price on them. Maybe a better catcher than Weiters, i know he is suppose to be amaizing but you never know.

I'll certainly be looking to upgrade somewhere before the draft, but pretty much everyone shuts down trade talks from the deadline through spring training, so there's not any deals going to happen right now. And Weiters is certainly one of those spots I'll be looking to upgrade.

As for the youth stuff....honestly, I might be *the* youth movement guy in this league. If you look at the 9 guys I'm pretty sure about keeping right now, only 3 of them are over the age of 25. But I've actually dealt off a lot of youth this year.

Pre-draft -- I gave Kinsler, Gallardo, and McCutchen for Kemp, Peavy, and H. Kendrick. (I wanted Kemp pretty bad, and I also wanted to deal away my "backup" 2B...also, of the 3 guys I gave up, I was only going to keep Kinsler heading into this year, so it felt like a 1-for-1 deal to me.)

Deadline-ish -- I gave Prince and Garza for Pujols and Buerhle.
Deadline-ish -- I gave Tim Hudson, Smoak, and Domonic Brown for Zimmerman and Sean Marshall. (In both those deadline deals, Prince was the only person I was going to be keeping into next year, and now I've got Pujols and Zimmerman instead)
ImStupid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby doof » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 pm

I'd keep them both and dump Wieters. In a 12 team league there will be solid C available late in the draft
doof
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions