Competitve Owner seeks Suitable League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Competitve Owner seeks Suitable League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Competitve Owner seeks Suitable League

Postby MTUCache » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Competitive, active and experienced fantasy baseball owner seeks an established Keeper or Dynasty league to join for the 2011 baseball season (and possibly beyond).

Previous results in casual/public leagues have been extremely strong, dating back to Sandbox leagues in 1999/2000. 2010 results: Finished 1st/12 in private H2H league and 3rd/12 in private Roto league.

Dashing, handsome, athletic, and uproariously funny, I'm confident that I could be a positive addition to any fun-loving and competitive league. References (and possibly topless pictures) available upon request.

Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- High percentage of competitive and long-term owners (none of those half-empty every off-season leagues please).
- Moderate entry fee and payout system (something in the order of $50-100 total cost for the season).
- Money held by Leaguesafe or some other reputable method.
- On-line auction at the league site or via email (or local to the Chicago, IL area for a live).

Preferences include:
- Rotisserie Style: 5x5 or 6x6 with any reasonable categories (no 10x10's need apply)
- Yahoo! site and setup or comparable (do not enjoy CBS/ESPN site/format)
- Auction style team selection with FAAB budgets (or something more "fair" than rolling waivers)
- Player pool depth in the range of 300-400 players (12-15 teams AL&NL, depending on bench sizes)
- Keeper/salary rules which allow for competition throughout the league in every season while rewarding diligent owners with a mild advantage in the following seasons. (For example: Keeping somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of roster, or salary rules which encourage 2-3 year keepers.)
- At least some off-season league activity, whether that's keeper functions, trades, or just message-board fodder, I'd like to stay involved going into the winter meetings and spring training, not just have everyone show up for the draft.
- Strong commissioner and/or independent review panels for trade/veto resolutions.
- Open teams which are at least salvageable for 2011 season. I'm not going to be buying into any long-term rebuilding projects here while getting my ass handed to me for the next two seasons.

I'm willing to be flexible on many of these items, provided the league is in some similar manner, but I'm definitely not interested in the unbalanced, non-competitive leagues which abound among casual friends and acquaintances.

I'm indifferent (and inexperienced) with ultra-deep leagues or leagues which include long benches of minor league players, but would be willing to try anything along those lines if no better opportunity arises.

Interested parties please PM me.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Competitve Owner seeks Suitable League

Postby jem1776 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Have League that will meet your requirements and then some, except it is live, in-person auction in Columbia, SC always on the Sunday before MLB season opener. We have 4 owners from out-of-state. The furtherest though, comes from downtown DC. I can send you details if you'd consider the commute. We are a very unique league with some bells and whistles you may not have seen, like eBay style FAAB waiver claims and First Round Bids on Thursday nights via Tweets. All other non-trade moves by private league message on Monday mornings by 10 a.m. with priority based on reverse order of standings. One exception move allowed on Thursdays and another on Monday mornings. Double rosters, 6 X 6, $520 draft salary, toppers after 2nd year, max 15 keepers including toppers, 2,200 IP minimum, mixed league, and you would be the 11th team, de novo. We also have one off-season trading party on the night Freeze Rosters are due with 30 to 40% of participants by cell phone. Dog Days of August Thursday Nights Salary Specials promote continued involvement by 2nd division teams during Rotisserie's cruelest month. PA, R, IP, K + original 4 X 4 categories. And more...
James Morgan
Founder & Commissioner
GM Silver King ironPigs
je.morgan1776@gmail.com
jem1776
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Competitve Owner seeks Suitable League

Postby fantasybb5 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

We are a fantasy league that isn' quite Dynasty or keeper. The league has been together since 1985 four owners have 20+ years in another 17. That should tell you it is a great league. As an owner you ha4ve an AL & NL team

We feature contractsminor leagueplayers scoutteam

We are a veryactive trading league. Last seasin over 400 playrs re involved in rades

You are exactly hat we are looking for young blood I already love you a4ttitude\\

The key to oursuccess is our WINTER DRAFT which 7 rounds of 5 players pr lg

the price may be too steep $800 but wepay out 126 times. I was 7th and received $140 back. That was low for the league thats righ both the 8th and 9th team made more than me. overall 4 teams made money one broke even

I would be happy to send rules rosters I can be reached at 920-731-6814 or fantasybb5@aol.com
fantasybb5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds