Buster Posey - a little closer look - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buster Posey - a little closer look

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Buster Posey - a little closer look

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:49 pm

bigh0rt wrote:J, what do your supremely early projections for Posey vs. Santana look like?? These are surely the two hottest keeper backstops in fantasy right now.

I haven't done Santana yet but I'll post them when I do.

**Ok, went ahead and looked at Santana. Assuming Santana is 100% come spring training, which he is suppose to be, I like him for a touch more power and a few more runs scored because of the better OBP skills. Otherwise I think the BA should be similar and the RBIs will probably be similar. Too be honest I think across the board they'll be very similar...the only thing that really seperates the two is OBP/BB rate but if your league doesn't count that then it's kind of a moot point. But with Santana being more of a flyball hitter and probably a little more of a LD guy I'd expect a few more HR out of him. Santana may also see a few less ABs as they may not want to pound him behind the plate too much since he's coming off the knee surgery. Anyway, definately keep an eye on that rehab progress...

Santana
500AB
.285/.390/.467
19HR
80RBI
75R

Posey
520AB
.285/.345/.452
17HR
80RBI
68R

Obviously plenty early right now....rehab could go bad, teams could add or lose key players, etc But here's some early numbers to fight over! ;-D
Last edited by J35J on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Carlos will be going roundddddsssss later than Buster Posey next year. Buster is sure to be expensive.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:31 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Carlos will be going roundddddsssss later than Buster Posey next year. Buster is sure to be expensive.

;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby wrveres » Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 am

The Giants said there will be no updates tonight on the condition of Buster Posey, who apparently incurred a serious injury to his left ankle during a home-plate collision tonight. X-rays on the ankle were taken. Posey also will have an MRI
:-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby jpbusta » Thu May 26, 2011 4:54 am

wrveres wrote:
The Giants said there will be no updates tonight on the condition of Buster Posey, who apparently incurred a serious injury to his left ankle during a home-plate collision tonight. X-rays on the ankle were taken. Posey also will have an MRI
:-o

Didn't look too good. On the block his left ankle seemed to twist pretty badly. Hope it's not as serious as it looked.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby k.k. » Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 am

My fantasy luck with catchers is atrocious. Last year I had Carlos Santana and lost him for the season. This year, yep, Posey. No word on the extent of the injury of course, but it sure didn't look good. He's a lock to hit the DL for a stretch.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 am

I was going to post a new thread, but I guess this is good too.
this from rotoworld
Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Buster Posey was diagnosed with a broken leg and torn ligaments.
Just awful. It's important to note that this information has not been confirmed by the team, but that's what we are hearing right now. Eli Whiteside will presumably take over as the primary catcher, though it will be interesting to see if the Giants make a call to former backstop Bengie Molina, who has been weighing retirement. Stay tuned for official word from the team, but it sounds like the Giants will be without Posey for an extended period of time.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 pm

there is a long write up here. I'm not going to quote it, it's too long.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs ... stand-now/
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Broken ankle -- likely done for the year -- with possible torn ligaments in his knee also.

**Edit**
Just had to say, many reports are saying broken leg, I'm watching SportsCenter and they are reporting a broken ankle. Either is going to have him out for a good amount of time, but after seeing replays and pictures of it I would go with a broken ankle over a broken leg.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Skin Blues » Thu May 26, 2011 1:13 pm

May 24th:

The abuse Posey has endured behind the plate of late has turned up the volume on the clamor from some fans and news media members that the Giants must move Posey to another position.

“He’s taken more than I’ve ever seen,” said manager Bruce Bochy, a catcher himself during his playing days with the Astros, Mets and Padres. “He’s getting enough shots that are hitting him pretty good that I’ve got concern.”

May 25th:

"Posey left Wednesday's game in the 12th inning with an apparent leg injury after taking a hard hit on a play at the plate."

Ouch.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers