Still think ESPN has a North-East Bias? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Still think ESPN has a North-East Bias?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Still think ESPN has a North-East Bias?

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:29 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:I watch sports on ESPN, but I refuse to watch SportsCenter or any of their other crappy shows. About half the content on that channel is unwatchable.

Right on. Aside from the games, ESPN is for muppets.

Absolutely. I'll have First Take on occasionally or whatever is on when I get up in the morning so I can watch the ticker but that's about it. Sometimes it's funny to laugh at the goofs on that show.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dAnzac » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:who still watches ESPN to even know?

Most of America is watching MNF on it right now.

And the clicks on ESPN.com for this Heat Index will probably be great as well.

The Artful Dodger wrote:Right on. Aside from the games, ESPN is for muppets.

Oh come on, don't tell me you don't miss that legendary Who's Now segment ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7

(P.S...if I was making a show it would be called "Death To Stuart Scott", where every time he speaks he gets thrown into a blender. It would rate through the roof.)
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:45 am

Some of the 30 for 30 documentaries that ESPN have run have been some of the best sports television i've watched in years. you guys should check out the one that airs today on the yankees monumental collapse of '04 ;-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

I haven't seen many of the 30 for 30 documentaries, but of the handful that I have seen, they were all great. PTI is really good, too. Around the Horn, on the other hand, sucks.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I haven't seen many of the 30 for 30 documentaries, but of the handful that I have seen, they were all great. PTI is really good, too. Around the Horn, on the other hand, sucks.

Yeah. People who are blindly hating ESPN crack me up. There's a ton of garbage on there, as there is with any other network, and some people have a personal distaste for various talking heads, justified or otherwise (though ESPN does seem to be pretty good about hiring some of the worst possible people to broadcast, do analysis, etc.), but every 30 for 30 I've watched has ranged from very good to superb, and PTI continues to be the best 30 minute daily catch up there is, when Tony and Mike are both on. I was sort of pissed that Saturday night I was stuck with the USC/Washington game instead of Oregon/Stanford, since apparently one is more in my 'region' than the other, but that's neither here nor there :-b They show a lot of big college games in both football and hoops, Monday Night Football, plenty of out of market prime time baseball... saying 'who watches ESPN anymore?' just seems silly, unless you're just not that into sports in general.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I haven't seen many of the 30 for 30 documentaries, but of the handful that I have seen, they were all great. PTI is really good, too. Around the Horn, on the other hand, sucks.

Yeah. People who are blindly hating ESPN crack me up. There's a ton of garbage on there, as there is with any other network, and some people have a personal distaste for various talking heads, justified or otherwise (though ESPN does seem to be pretty good about hiring some of the worst possible people to broadcast, do analysis, etc.), but every 30 for 30 I've watched has ranged from very good to superb, and PTI continues to be the best 30 minute daily catch up there is, when Tony and Mike are both on. I was sort of pissed that Saturday night I was stuck with the USC/Washington game instead of Oregon/Stanford, since apparently one is more in my 'region' than the other, but that's neither here nor there :-b They show a lot of big college games in both football and hoops, Monday Night Football, plenty of out of market prime time baseball... saying 'who watches ESPN anymore?' just seems silly, unless you're just not that into sports in general.

Did you bother to check your ABC affiliate for the Ducks game? It should have been on everywhere, at least that's what ESPN had been boasting all week. I personally didn't have that problem since I was sitting in the stands 3rd row. :^ :-B

Yeah I forgot about the 30 at 30's, I agree, those have all been fantastic. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 am

bigh0rt wrote:PTI continues to be the best 30 minute daily catch up there is, when Tony and Mike are both on.

Lebetard has grown on me too. Any other guest host and I'm not likely to watch though.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:PTI continues to be the best 30 minute daily catch up there is, when Tony and Mike are both on.

Lebetard has grown on me too. Any other guest host and I'm not likely to watch though.

Bill simmons was pretty enjoyable when he was guest hosting..

also, I don't hate baseball tonight.

edit: I could really do without "That's nasty" or if they're gonna do it, at least show the pitches that set up the particular "nasty" pitch.
Last edited by lastingsgriller on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

I wasn't being sarcastic AussieDodger. All I am saying is that this Heat Index will probably end up being a popular feature on ESPN.com.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

bigh0rt wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:who still watches ESPN to even know?

Most of America is watching MNF on it right now.

MNF is on ESPN now? :-S :-S :-S
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk