Tie in Roto League..who is winner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Tie in Roto League..who is winner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tie in Roto League..who is winner?

Postby SpunkyXL » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm commissioner in Roto Fantasy money league..2 teams are tied for first. How should I determine the winner?
SpunkyXL
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tie in Roto League..who is winner?

Postby bigmck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:54 pm

This might sound like a made-up method, but I got this out of a Rotisserie Rule Book years ago and I use it in my leagues. == Take the tied teams and rate them in each catagory with the higher team getting two points and the lower one point (just like normal, except you only rate the tied teams). The higher points is your Champion. == If there is still a tie, take the innings pitched times three added to the at bats. The higher total of this number is the Champion.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 pm

bigmck wrote:This might sound like a made-up method, but I got this out of a Rotisserie Rule Book years ago and I use it in my leagues. == Take the tied teams and rate them in each catagory with the higher team getting two points and the lower one point (just like normal, except you only rate the tied teams). The higher points is your Champion. == If there is still a tie, take the innings pitched times three added to the at bats. The higher total of this number is the Champion.

Don't mind the first method proposed here, but don't think it will/should fly for this year unless there is a provision for it in your current rules/constitution used to govern this season...

Honestly, unless that is the case (and it sounds like it's not), I think it has to stay as a tie with co-champions for this season. If it's a pay league, just pool the money for first and second and then split it down the middle. Maybe if you want to, and both are amenable, the guys can share the title but the person that passes the most-categories won (head-to-head) can get like 55% of the pot or something...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:46 pm

I agree with the poster above that it would not be fair to install a tie-breaker at this late date. The only fair thing for this year is Co-Champs. You need to come up with a tie-breaker for next year.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:52 pm

roto doesn't have tiebreakers.
if 2 teams are 1st place, then combine 1st and 2nd place winnings, and each one gets half of that. the next place is 3rd place and he takes the 3rd place prize.
this is the rule i've always seen in roto ties.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 23 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Our tiebreaker goes as follows:

-In case of an overall standings tie, head-to-head category comparison will serve as the tie-breaker. Respective performances are calculated and a point is given to each team for bettering the other.

-If still tied, each total AB + IP(3) will be computed. Highest total wins.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigmck » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 pm

23 wrote:Our tiebreaker goes as follows:

-In case of an overall standings tie, head-to-head category comparison will serve as the tie-breaker. Respective performances are calculated and a point is given to each team for bettering the other.

-If still tied, each total AB + IP(3) will be computed. Highest total wins.

I am glad to see our league isn't the only one that uses that tiebreaker. In 2007 we had a tie for first on the final Sunday. There was a one game playoff for a Wild-Card position the next day, so those stats counted and the two teams were still tied. We then used the tie-breaker that you described above. The catagories broke it, we never got to the second part of it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner