NBC's The Event - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBC's The Event

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBC's The Event

Postby pokerplaya » Mon May 23, 2011 10:02 pm

I thought that was a pretty good (though terribly predictable) series/season finale. The last 5 minutes was great, and left a dozen questions that will never be answered. Kind of like Lost without all the wasted hours and expectations... :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 pm

I was surprised they left so much open given that it wont be back next year
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby j24jags » Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I was surprised they left so much open given that it wont be back next year

2 Things
1) The writers probably wrote this long before it was determined that it won't be back.
2) There's still an outside chance it's picked up by a different network.

I don't know why I'm in this thread right now, fortunately there haven't been any spoilers, but I'm 2 episodes behind. I plan on catching up in the next few days, one of my friends told me he thought tonight was great though so I'm looking forward and I'll return to this thread to post my thoughts when I catch up ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby j24jags » Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 pm

I really enjoyed the season as a whole, thought it was interesting how the portal brought the planet rather than just some crafts/planes/vehicles/people individually. Definitely leaves plenty open for next season, but they tied up several storylines. I'd like it to be picked up by another network but would not cry if it is not.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 am

j24jags wrote:I really enjoyed the season as a whole, thought it was interesting how the portal brought the planet rather than just some crafts/planes/vehicles/people individually. Definitely leaves plenty open for next season, but they tied up several storylines. I'd like it to be picked up by another network but would not cry if it is not.

the planet being brought over makes me wonder why the hell they needed to kill all of us
actually, it makes me wonder why they even needed our solar system
couldn't they have simply teleported to another "goldilocks zone" and been fine?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby j24jags » Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 am

StlSluggers wrote:
j24jags wrote:I really enjoyed the season as a whole, thought it was interesting how the portal brought the planet rather than just some crafts/planes/vehicles/people individually. Definitely leaves plenty open for next season, but they tied up several storylines. I'd like it to be picked up by another network but would not cry if it is not.

the planet being brought over makes me wonder why the hell they needed to kill all of us
couldn't they have simply teleported to another "goldilocks zone" and been fine?

Agreed
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 26, 2011 8:29 am

StlSluggers wrote:

These consecutive posts make me happy I never watched this show. :-S
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 am

The show really picked up pace in the last 10 episodes or so, making it actually enjoyable to watch except for anything involving Sean Walker or Leila. They had 22 episodes to make them likable and they failed in doing so.

Also, the whole "sun going supernova" thing is ridiculous, because the sun would have to go through an expansion phase that would make the planet uninhabitable or make the planet inhabitable for far too short a time to develop complex life (anything significantly more complex than bacteria), plus you can't tell when a star is "about to go supernova" because what the hell. I mean, this show started to grow on me because of all the characters that weren't Sean Walker and Leila to the point where I could look past the plot holes until the last 5 minutes. That ruined it completely. First, Leila's pregnant. They built that up with dramatic tension like it mattered but literally no one in the world found that shocking or even remotely interesting. I would rather she have said, "I have incurable AIDS cancer of the potato the doctors replaced my heart with and I'm going to die in 8 seconds, also it's contagious and you, Sean Walker, also have it". Jesus, those characters are so terrible. Second, Lee telling Sean Walker "I know a bunch of crucial information and we're friends now so I can tell you everything. I have to go now." What a freaking cop out. They have to decode a scroll and translate it from some alien language instead of just being, you know, told by people that know what's on it. And then there's that thing JTSluggers said about beaming the planet over. Thank god they made a plot hole so big, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fit the planet through.

I watched the last 10 episodes in the last 3 days and up until the last 5 minutes I was disappointed that they canceled it. Let's all go watch Chuck instead.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 am

StlSluggers wrote:I was surprised they left so much open given that it wont be back next year

Flash Forward did the same thing and I'm still kind of hoping another network picks that show up

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 am

i've got 5 episodes left...worth finishing?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk