Danny Valencia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Danny Valencia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Danny Valencia

Postby Nerfherders » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:22 pm

This guy is saving my 16-teamer season. I picked him up after Chipper went down and he's been great for a bit over a month. I don't know anything about him. Is he for real? Has anyone watched him play?

Thinking he might be a good late-round pick at 3B next year.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Danny Valencia

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 pm

He's been a saviour for me. In a 12 team AL only he's been quite a pickup. To you mixed leaguers, it might not seem like much, but consider that Eric Chavez and Hank Blalock were starting infielders for me this year, and I'm still riding Casey Kotchman, and you get the idea.

From what I've read he's the real-deal hitting wise. His stats in the minors, however, tell another story. I'd ride it out this year but not expect much next season and not expect him to pull a Casey McGehee.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Re: Danny Valencia

Postby kab21 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 am

As a Twins fan I've been excited about him for awhile but my standards are low since the Twins have played guys like Buscher, Harris, Punto, Lamb, TBatista and various other trash at 3B over the years. I think he can have a .775 OPS with acceptable defense while making the MLB min for awhile.

But I don't think he'll be much of anything in fantasy. The big reason that he's been useful is his high BA but going forward you should expect an average in the .270-.285 range. Pair that with 15 HR's and 1-2 SB's and he seems like the guy that is usually sitting near the top of the waiver wire.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Return to Baseball Leftovers