Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Can someone refresh my memory on the traditional category counted as tie-breaker in the case of a tie in the H2H playoffs in a Yahoo! league where the setting wouldn't have been changed from the default? Got some pay league playoffs that look like they're going to come right down to the wire and I want to be sure here ;-)
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby shmolex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm

You should check out the thread that's right below this one. ;-)

H2h tiebreaker is no longer a category. It's H2H record against your oppenent in the regular season. Then I believe it's your seed.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1344
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Ah, thanks - I didn't even see that one, I had tunnel vision! So that is the case in all default leagues, and/or there is no way to change it (used to be the case with the old way), right?
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby shmolex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I dont believe there is any way to change tiebreaker settings in Yahoo.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1344
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:28 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D


I'm pretty sure I was the one that won the squeaker against you, so it could put your mind at ease to know that if I win 1 more category, I'll wind up losing because of the new tiebreak rules.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3542
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D


I'm pretty sure I was the one that won the squeaker against you, so it could put your mind at ease to know that if I win 1 more category, I'll wind up losing because of the new tiebreak rules.


Indeed, it was you! But I would have you in the old tiebreaker this year anyway, so I'd return the favor with either version if I manage at least a tie ;-)
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D


I'm pretty sure I was the one that won the squeaker against you, so it could put your mind at ease to know that if I win 1 more category, I'll wind up losing because of the new tiebreak rules.


Indeed, it was you! But I would have you in the old tiebreaker this year anyway, so I'd return the favor with either version if I manage at least a tie ;-)


Well, you have it for now, but perhaps the wrath of Daniel Hudson can help me fix that this afternoon. It will take a bit of a miracle though...my team has completely melted down this year.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3542
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact