Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Can someone refresh my memory on the traditional category counted as tie-breaker in the case of a tie in the H2H playoffs in a Yahoo! league where the setting wouldn't have been changed from the default? Got some pay league playoffs that look like they're going to come right down to the wire and I want to be sure here ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo H2H playoffs tie-breaker?

Postby shmolex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm

You should check out the thread that's right below this one. ;-)

H2h tiebreaker is no longer a category. It's H2H record against your oppenent in the regular season. Then I believe it's your seed.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Ah, thanks - I didn't even see that one, I had tunnel vision! So that is the case in all default leagues, and/or there is no way to change it (used to be the case with the old way), right?
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shmolex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I dont believe there is any way to change tiebreaker settings in Yahoo.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:28 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D

I'm pretty sure I was the one that won the squeaker against you, so it could put your mind at ease to know that if I win 1 more category, I'll wind up losing because of the new tiebreak rules.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Sweet, I have the head-to-head record and/or higher seeding in both leagues, so that's music to my ears! I lost a squeaker (in the Cafe's "Live Free or DyNasty" league) 2 years ago by a hundredth of a WHIP point (and would have advanced and eventually won it all under these rules), so I'm more than glad to see the change! ;-D

I'm pretty sure I was the one that won the squeaker against you, so it could put your mind at ease to know that if I win 1 more category, I'll wind up losing because of the new tiebreak rules.

Indeed, it was you! But I would have you in the old tiebreaker this year anyway, so I'd return the favor with either version if I manage at least a tie ;-)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

Indeed, it was you! But I would have you in the old tiebreaker this year anyway, so I'd return the favor with either version if I manage at least a tie ;-)

Well, you have it for now, but perhaps the wrath of Daniel Hudson can help me fix that this afternoon. It will take a bit of a miracle though...my team has completely melted down this year.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Return to Baseball Leftovers