CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby bleach168 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:34 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Have you guys played the Rise of Mankind mod for Civ IV? I had only previously used the BUG mod, but Stl encouraged me to look at other mods. RoM is awesome. There is so much stuff added to the game that I have the learn the whole thing again. And I'm not complaining about it. :-)

So many new techs and civics that I have no idea which path to follow. :*)

Clicky

;-D


HOLY CRAP! This is the Civ 5 I was looking for!
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:46 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i still can't believe they did this to the civ franchise...
wth are the developers thinking? can't even force myself to play civ5. :-t

it really is astonishing how a) they brushed aside their hardcore fan base and b) how many of the non-hardcore fans still love it

:-S
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 pm

bleach168 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Have you guys played the Rise of Mankind mod for Civ IV? I had only previously used the BUG mod, but Stl encouraged me to look at other mods. RoM is awesome. There is so much stuff added to the game that I have the learn the whole thing again. And I'm not complaining about it. :-)

So many new techs and civics that I have no idea which path to follow. :*)

Clicky

;-D


HOLY CRAP! This is the Civ 5 I was looking for!

dammit... now i'm gonna have to load it up tonight :-[ :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

wait i'm not sure what i need to download to play RoM. can you give me some download links sluggers?

wait is this it?: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads ... e&id=12838
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby bleach168 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:wait i'm not sure what i need to download to play RoM. can you give me some download links sluggers?

wait is this it?: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads ... e&id=12838


Yeah, that's it. I think you need BTS. Follow the download instructions on that page. Be prepared to feel like a noob again. It honestly feels like you just added 3 expansions to the game.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:30 pm

bleach168 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:wait i'm not sure what i need to download to play RoM. can you give me some download links sluggers?

wait is this it?: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads ... e&id=12838


Yeah, that's it. I think you need BTS. Follow the download instructions on that page. Be prepared to feel like a noob again. It honestly feels like you just added 3 expansions to the game.


Yeah, you do need BTS with the latest patch 3.19 to play RoM.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:17 pm

I can't believe all your boyfriends let you spend this much time playing video games.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I can't believe all your boyfriends let you spend this much time playing video games.

says the guy who reads the thread despite not playing

hort:

Image
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 pm

It is my understanding that they released a giant patch for Civ5 this morning.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: CIV 5 RELEASE JUST DAYS AWAY!!!

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:46 pm

meh the game is not salvageable imo.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact