The Kinsler Suspension - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Kinsler Suspension

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Kinsler Suspension

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:27 pm

This is stupid. I know he hadn't touched home plate officially, but the game was over.

MLB suspends Ian Kinsler one game

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler has received a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine by Major League Baseball for returning to the field to celebrate Nelson Cruz's walk-off home run after he had been ejected Friday.

Kinsler, who is in the starting lineup for Tuesday night's game against the Detroit Tigers, batting sixth, will appeal the suspension, according to Rangers officials.

"I think it's a little too harsh," Kinsler said. "It's a little unreasonable. There's not really too much common sense in [the rule], but they have rules for a reason."

Umpire Dale Scott tossed Kinsler after the second baseman had argued balls and strikes in the bottom of the 10th inning. Players are supposed to leave the field and not return after they are ejected. But after Cruz hit his home run in the 13th to give the Rangers the win over the Yankees on Friday, Kinsler returned to celebrate with his teammates on the field as Cruz rounded the bases.

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: The Kinsler Suspension

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm

So you are opposed to people being punished for not following the rules. Interesting. :-? ;-)
viewtopic.php?t=419169
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:So you are opposed to people being punished for not following the rules. Interesting. :-? ;-)
viewtopic.php?t=419169

kickin' Sluggo while he's down, eh... !+)
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Tis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Being ejected can only be for the duration of the game, so my question would be, when is the game officially over? I know there used to be some quirky rule about a walkoff HR not counting if the batter wasn't the winning run (as soon as it crossed, the game was over, all other runners stayed in their place). So things can be a little weird. Is it over as soon as the HR goes over the fence? Or is it not over till the batter steps on Home. I'm pretty sure its the last... in which case if Kinsler was on the field before that, he was breaking the rule. If he has just waited till foot met plate, in my opinion, it would be a different situation. I would be upset about an ejected player not being allowed on the field after the game.
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I'll say. I even said I effed up and didn't read everything thoroughly!

:,-(
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:01 pm

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:12 pm

per rotoworld :-D
Ian Kinsler has dropped his appeal of a one-game suspension.
It was reported earlier this month that the suspension was rescinded, but apparently that wasn't the case. He'll serve the suspension Sunday on a day that he wasn't slated to start, anyway.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:09 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:per rotoworld :-D
Ian Kinsler has dropped his appeal of a one-game suspension.
It was reported earlier this month that the suspension was rescinded, but apparently that wasn't the case. He'll serve the suspension Sunday on a day that he wasn't slated to start, anyway.

Nice. Now, if he wasn't missing for months at a time this season and such a bust for his ADP, he'd be good.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers