FFFFFUUUUU- - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FFFFFUUUUU-

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FFFFFUUUUU-

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:So we can agree that while the rule may have been interpreted correctly, the rule itself is stupid because he clearly caught the ball and should have been given a touchdown.

The rule isn't stupid, Calvin Johnson is stupid. He should go to the DeSean Jackson remedial school of celebration for dumbass receivers. We can all see that you caught a pass, it's on national tv with 30 HD cameras focussed on the endzone. There's no hurry to shove it in our faces, act like you've been there before.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:So we can agree that while the rule may have been interpreted correctly, the rule itself is stupid because he clearly caught the ball and should have been given a touchdown.

Absolutely! You'll have no disagreement from me there. ;-D

Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 am

Mookie4ever wrote:

The rule isn't stupid, Calvin Johnson is stupid. He should go to the DeSean Jackson remedial school of celebration for dumbass receivers. We can all see that you caught a pass, it's on national tv with 30 HD cameras focussed on the endzone. There's no hurry to shove it in our faces, act like you've been there before.

To win their first road game in almost three years with less than a minute to go on an excellent mid air adjustment catch? I'd probably be pretty excited too, especially knowing I caught the ball.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:59 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

To win their first road game in almost three years with less than a minute to go on an excellent mid air adjustment catch? I'd probably be pretty excited too, especially knowing I caught the ball.

Me too man. But you have to be more aware, secure the football, get the touchdown, there's plenty of time to celebrate with hookers and blow after the game.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

i had the Bears in my Survivor Pool so i was rooting against the Lions anyway
regardless, even if it was ruled a TD i have no doubt Devin Hester would have run back the ensuing kickoff for a TD
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Agreed. And I'm a Bears fan. That was a catch, the rule is stupid, and I hope they change it next season because of this play.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i had the Bears in my Survivor Pool so i was rooting against the Lions anyway

WEAK! What kind of fan are you? :-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm

the atmospehere in the bigken117 house went from "Vinateri through the uprights" celebration to "miss it on 4th and 2" dismay ...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby markj11 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Man, that sucks.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 pm

markj11 wrote:Man, that sucks.

Yeah it does suck that it wasn't a TD for CJ. :-t

:-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero