Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H

Postby baseballstud » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 am

Oatsdad wrote:I had a tie in my H2H league last week. I won the tie-breaker, but also would've advanced under the old rule.

It was crazy: I won all 7 pitching categories, he won all 7 offensive categories.

First tie-breaker: head-to-head over the year. That record? 20-20.

Second tie-breaker: overall record. I was 1st in this league, so that got me to the final...

this is going to be the same situation for me i can tell already. during the year I beat him 5-4,he beat me 5-4. Sadly he finished 3.5 GB of 1st for the 2 seed and i finished 4.5 GB for the 3 seed...tough luck i guess
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carey Saders » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:36 am

Ok, this wording confuses me:

Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season. The winning percentage is based on individual stat category wins and losses, not match up wins and losses.

So if I won Runs 32 to 30 one week and lost 50-20, does that count as 1 win for him and 1 for me? Or is it 1 win for him and none for me based on the TOTAL? Make sense?
Thanks to Super Manny for the sig!
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Wright2Reyes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:45 pm

I finish first in my league and out 22 weeks, I only lost 3 times, but if I make it to the finals, the tiebreakers will be my enemy.

Against team A the first match ended in a tie 5-5-2, the 2nd match he won, 6-5-1.

Against team B, we only had one match and he won 6-5-1.

So even though I had the better overall record, I might get the short end of the stick. I wish there was a better way to determine the winner, just got to hope for the best I guess.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:I finish first in my league and out 22 weeks, I only lost 3 times, but if I make it to the finals, the tiebreakers will be my enemy.

Against team A the first match ended in a tie 5-5-2, the 2nd match he won, 6-5-1.

So even though I had the better overall record, I might get the short end of the stick. I wish there was a better way to determine the winner, just got to hope for the best I guess.

That seems fair to me. I don't want someone winning the tiebreaker with overall record because they had an easy schedule and played the worst teams in the league more often.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:I finish first in my league and out 22 weeks, I only lost 3 times, but if I make it to the finals, the tiebreakers will be my enemy.

That seems fair to me. I don't want someone winning the tiebreaker with overall record because they had an easy schedule and played the worst teams in the league more often.

But that's when you have divisions, that's not the case in my league. But even if that were the case, sports its full of divisions with weak teams and weak schedules, that's just how it is.

if I play against team A, is cool we played twice and he squeaked out a W, but against team B we only played once and he barely beat me, so how is that fair? who is to say I don't beat him 12-0 the 2nd time we play?

Aside from seeding, why should the regular season have any say on what happens in the playoffs? They're 2 different animals. H2H tie breakers should only be applied to determine seeding, not to determine who wins a match in the playoffs.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrmarley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Carey Saders wrote:Ok, this wording confuses me:

Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season. The winning percentage is based on individual stat category wins and losses, not match up wins and losses.

So if I won Runs 32 to 30 one week and lost 50-20, does that count as 1 win for him and 1 for me? Or is it 1 win for him and none for me based on the TOTAL? Make sense?

Don't add up the total stats across all your matchups with that opponent for individual cats...in your case, it would be 1-1 on the regular season (for the Runs category only)
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 am

i dont like this new rule. it didnt affect me, pujo the devil went yard twice last sun to beat me(i hate that guy so much brad lidge style)...so its not biased

i dont think regular season play should account for anything except seeding. once that is done...be gone w regular season. its a new season...the playoffs

only play that week should account for anything...including tie breaker. i see no reason to change it. it was fine...everyone knew ERA was the tie breaker...so you manage accordingly. it allows you to do stuff to help your tie breaker cat...the new system you cant do anything...your hands are tied(hehe) to your regular season record

i dont like it one bit
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers