Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:34 pm

So my match-up ended in a tie with me winning the ERA category. I was surprised to find out I lost. Here is the new rule:

Playoff seeds are based on your league's playoff seeding option, your league ranking and whether you're a divisional winner.
In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season.

Playoff seed.

Just giving you a heads up since Yahoo apparently didn't (or I missed it).
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Heads up - New Yahoo tie breaker for H2H

Postby MTUCache » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm pretty sure this has already been pointed out around here in the past couple weeks, but thanks anyway for the headsup.

This could very well come into play in my league. I finished the season as a division winner, ranked #2. My opponent in the championship game was the #4 seed. Our regular season matchups were 7-5 and 5-7, so if there is a tie it will come down to my having a higher seed, despite him having had a higher winning percentage overall in the regular season. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that, because it would likely cause quite an uproar.

Anyway... we've got a min-IP requirement of 23 innings, I'm a closer-heavy team while he's got plenty of SP. Assuming I give him Wins and Ks this week, if I can steal Saves, ER, ERA, WHIP, I'll be in a pretty good spot regardless of what happens with the hitting stats.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mrmarley » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Has it been clarified whether the 1st tiebreaker is defined as categories won-lost against your opponenet during the regular season, or the overall weekly outcome as shown on the Yahoo schedule tab as "win or loss"? That tab looks like this:

Week  	Opponent  	       Result  	 
1 Bashing Bandits Win 10 - 2
2 TIFFIN O-H-I-O Tie 5 - 5
3 Indy Racers Loss 5 - 6
4 Gobias Industries Loss 5 - 6

For example, if your season record is 138-72-10 and your current opponent was 106-99-15 and your head to head games were 8-2 and 1-9, does he hold the tiebreaker at 11 category wins to your 9 losses, or is it tied at 1 overall win to 1 overall loss and then goes to the 2nd tiebreaker (overall regular season record)?
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

mrmarley wrote:Has it been clarified whether the 1st tiebreaker is defined as categories won-lost against your opponenet during the regular season, or the overall weekly outcome as shown on the Yahoo schedule tab as "win or loss"? That tab looks like this:

Week  	Opponent  	       Result  	 
1 Bashing Bandits Win 10 - 2
2 TIFFIN O-H-I-O Tie 5 - 5
3 Indy Racers Loss 5 - 6
4 Gobias Industries Loss 5 - 6

For example, if your season record is 138-72-10 and your current opponent was 106-99-15 and your head to head games were 8-2 and 1-9, does he hold the tiebreaker at 11 category wins to your 9 losses, or is it tied at 1 overall win to 1 overall loss and then goes to the 2nd tiebreaker (overall regular season record)?

I asked this question in the now closed thread about H2H streaming and someone replied that it is based on category wins. In your case (again, according to the response I was given) he would win based on the 11-9 tiebreaker. I have not gotten confirmation of this from Genie or anyone at Yahoo.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby moose32 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Bloody Sox is right. We had a tie in our league. Team A won 8-2 and lost 7-2-1 to Team B during the regular season. Team B had a better overall winning percentage but team A still advanced.
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Confirmed. Bloody Sox knows all.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Oatsdad » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

I had a tie in my H2H league last week. I won the tie-breaker, but also would've advanced under the old rule.

It was crazy: I won all 7 pitching categories, he won all 7 offensive categories.

First tie-breaker: head-to-head over the year. That record? 20-20.

Second tie-breaker: overall record. I was 1st in this league, so that got me to the final...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:13 pm

The new rule was in my favor last week but now, both my H2H teams would lose the tiebreakers against 5 of 6 teams. :-o
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby dAnzac » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:The new rule was in my favor last week but now, both my H2H teams would lose the tiebreakers against 5 of 6 teams. :-o

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 am

Grounded Polo wrote:The new rule was in my favor last week but now, both my H2H teams would lose the tiebreakers against 5 of 6 teams. :-o

Deal with it
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers