Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby Maris09 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 am

Championship week for many leagues and he's not going to pitch (probably not for the rest of the year).
Can he please be removed from the undroppable list?

Thanks
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I guess no.
He is only DOUBTFUL (yeah football season has started), but not OUT.
Yet.
I dont think there'll be any changes before an official move by the Marlins.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 pm

i'm glad my leagues don't use some silly no drop list. :-B
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:I guess no.
He is only DOUBTFUL (yeah football season has started), but not OUT.
Yet.
I dont think there'll be any changes before an official move by the Marlins.

But this isn't a DL situation... there should be no relationship to anything official - the Can't Cut list is arbitrary based on how (supposedly) valuable a player is... seems they should be able to change this for JJ at this point, since his value is certainly debatable for the rest of 2010.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2147
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:I guess no.
He is only DOUBTFUL (yeah football season has started), but not OUT.
Yet.
I dont think there'll be any changes before an official move by the Marlins.

But this isn't a DL situation... there should be no relationship to anything official - the Can't Cut list is arbitrary based on how (supposedly) valuable a player is... seems they should be able to change this for JJ at this point, since his value is certainly debatable for the rest of 2010.

The problem is that if he is playing, he is extreamly valuable, therefore can not be cut.

But he wont play.

The Marlins have announced that ace pitcher Josh Johnson (back) will miss the remainder of the season, according to the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer.


I wonder if they put him on DL
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby kab21 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
The Marlins have announced that ace pitcher Josh Johnson (back) will miss the remainder of the season, according to the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer.


I wonder if they put him on DL


Players are rarely put on the DL in September.

The only reason i can think of is to put a player on the 60 day DL and open up a 40 man roster spot. But I'm not sure if that's allowed.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5291
(Past Year: 522)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby kab21 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 pm

And he's now droppable.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5291
(Past Year: 522)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:47 am

kab21 wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
The Marlins have announced that ace pitcher Josh Johnson (back) will miss the remainder of the season, according to the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer.


I wonder if they put him on DL


Players are rarely put on the DL in September.

The only reason i can think of is to put a player on the 60 day DL and open up a 40 man roster spot. But I'm not sure if that's allowed.


So keeper leaguers are screwed
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby dAnzac » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:29 am

kab21 wrote:
Players are rarely put on the DL in September.




Image

Image
Image
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 621
Joined: 4 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Do alligators alligate?

Re: Can Josh Johnson be removed from the Undroppable list?

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 am

Maris09 wrote:Championship week for many leagues and he's not going to pitch (probably not for the rest of the year).
Can he please be removed from the undroppable list?

Thanks

Better yet, just eliminate the Yahoo Can't Cut List from your league settings in the future...
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fantasy-J78, Ray Zorback, silverZ and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact