End of Season awards predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

End of Season awards predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: End of Season awards predictions

Postby Element » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:44 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:AL MVP: Cabrera.....hard time giving it to Hamilton if he's missing the home stretch
NL MVP: Votto

AL Cy: King Felix should, but Sabathia will
NL Cy: Roy Halladay

AL ROY: Austin Jackson
NL ROY: Buster Posey

this.

x2
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:55 pm

I really can't see an argument for Heyward over Posey for 2010 ROY. I'd be willing to hear some arguments but Posey has done more while playing less, no injuries, plays a harder and more important defensive position, and has helped catapult SF pitching to the likely the NL wild card. Now, I can see why someone would like Heyward better going forward but not this year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 pm

biggest wimp: Hamilton
overrated award: Matt Kemp
WTF happen to power award: Longoria and Braun tie
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I really can't see an argument for Heyward over Posey for 2010 ROY. I'd be willing to hear some arguments but Posey has done more while playing less, no injuries, plays a harder and more important defensive position, and has helped catapult SF pitching to the likely the NL wild card. Now, I can see why someone would like Heyward better going forward but not this year.

Heyward has more hits, HR, Runs, 2B, 3B, RBI, BB, SB, and a higher OBP and OPS. Plus the voters get most of the awards wrong every year which is why not many people take them seriously, unless Halladay doesn't win. But that's how Heyward could win, and the topic is predictions, not who deserves it.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby cobbs87 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:18 am

AL MVP: Hamilton
NL MVP: Votto

AL CY: King Felix
NL CY: Halladay

AL ROY: Feliz
NL ROY: Jaime Garcia

How are you guys giving AL ROY to AJax over Feliz? Granted Feliz doesn't feel like a rookie, but he is qualified as one and far superior to AJax this season IMO.

I think Hamilton wins it just because of the wins which is probably dumb. If that wasn't a factor, I would give it to Konerko then Miggy.

I think the voters will get it right with Felix this year. I'm a huge Yankee fan too. CC is the man but Felix is in a league of his own. Garcia should be a lock for NL ROY, but I won't rule out some stupidness in that vote either.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby acsguitar » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:31 am

If the rockies make the playoffs then Cargo. Other wise Votto.

Tulo might get some votes and a gold glove
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 am

cobbs87 wrote:How are you guys giving AL ROY to AJax over Feliz? Granted Feliz doesn't feel like a rookie, but he is qualified as one and far superior to AJax this season IMO.

I'm a huge Yankee fan too.

The huge Yankee fan doesn't like the fact that Jackson is only the seventh player since 1960 to have 160 hits, 90 runs, 30 doubles and 20 steals all while playing excellent defense (although I noticed his UZR has fallen quite a bit in the second half which surprised me bigtime). Glad to have taken him off New York's hands since he was such an overrated prospect. ;-7

That being said, he should regress next year almost.....his BABIP is like third or fourth highest in history right now. :-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby wake » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:44 am

Havok1517 wrote:I really can't see an argument for Heyward over Posey for 2010 ROY. I'd be willing to hear some arguments but Posey has done more while playing less, no injuries, plays a harder and more important defensive position, and has helped catapult SF pitching to the likely the NL wild card. Now, I can see why someone would like Heyward better going forward but not this year.

For starters, Heyward has a better OPS and it helps that he's been doing it for a full season over a partial season. It's also not as if the Braves aren't playing for the Wild Card since they're 2 up on the Giants for the WC lead. Besides that though, Heyward has a .400+ OBP in his age 20 season- putting him 6th all-time. The other top ten in that category include nine hall of famers and Alex Rodriguez.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 am

cobbs87 wrote:I think the voters will get it right with Felix this year. I'm a huge Yankee fan too. CC is the man but Felix is in a league of his own.

What? They'll vote CC because Felix is only 12-11, he clearly doesn't perform well under pressure if he's lost that many games and won so few is the mentality. Greinke had 16 last season, the lowest ever to win the AL Cy Young, and no one won the magical 20 games. Felix won't reach 16 and someone reached 20 wins, no chance the voters get it right here.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby dAnzac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
cobbs87 wrote:How are you guys giving AL ROY to AJax over Feliz? Granted Feliz doesn't feel like a rookie, but he is qualified as one and far superior to AJax this season IMO.

I'm a huge Yankee fan too.

The huge Yankee fan doesn't like the fact that Jackson is only the seventh player since 1960 to have 160 hits, 90 runs, 30 doubles and 20 steals all while playing excellent defense (although I noticed his UZR has fallen quite a bit in the second half which surprised me bigtime). Glad to have taken him off New York's hands since he was such an overrated prospect. ;-7

That being said, he should regress next year almost.....his BABIP is like third or fourth highest in history right now. :-b

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MR FRED LEWIS!
(crowd roars)
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers