Your kids are to loud to eat here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:41 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:On a side note, my dream wedding would be just me and my bride in say, Bora Bora or some island resort in the South Pacific. It would be a wedding and a honeymoon rolled into one, less expensive perhaps (no big ceremony) and a lot less hassle too.

My friend is getting married on Saturday and heading to his honeymoon in Bora Bora. Ridiculously large ceremony first, though :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Even if it resulted in me not being able to attend, I wouldn't be upset that my friends or family members didn't change what they wanted because of me. On the other hand, I'd hope that they would understand if I wasn't able to go because I couldn't bring my daughter.

Exactly. And given Met's position that he's stated, I don't think he'd be upset if that was the case. Shouldn't really be that difficult. B-)
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am

I haven't read every post so I really don't know why this thread has gotten to 7 pages but I as a guy with 2 kids I can guarantee you that there are no parents out there that do not go to and appreciate kids-free nights. We schedule outings with friends all the time on the explicit understanding that kids are not welcome. We need breaks (frequent ones with alcohol) and any parent that tells you that they want their kids out with them all the time is lying.

A perfect kids-free night is a wedding, especially if there is an open bar. Let's face it some liquid assistance in forgetting your kids is welcomed.

If it is a family member getting married they would want my kids involved. Close friends would want my kids involved. As a rule, if the person getting married knows and has a relationship with my kid they would generally want my kids invited to the wedding (my kids are cute and well behaved and love to dance at weddings). But if the person is not a family friend and just knows me or my wife then there is no reason to invite my kids and I would not be offended if my kids were told to stay home but other kids were at the wedding.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Even if it resulted in me not being able to attend, I wouldn't be upset that my friends or family members didn't change what they wanted because of me. On the other hand, I'd hope that they would understand if I wasn't able to go because I couldn't bring my daughter.

Exactly. And given Met's position that he's stated, I don't think he'd be upset if that was the case. Shouldn't really be that difficult. B-)

I would not be upset at all and would totally understand.

An aside. The only thing worse than bringing small children to a wedding, is being invited to a small child's birthday party. Seriously, I love you and your kid, but why on earth would you invite me to her 2nd birthday party? :-S
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:On a side note, my dream wedding would be just me and my bride in say, Bora Bora or some island resort in the South Pacific. It would be a wedding and a honeymoon rolled into one, less expensive perhaps (no big ceremony) and a lot less hassle too.

My friend is getting married on Saturday and heading to his honeymoon in Bora Bora. Ridiculously large ceremony first, though :-b

Nice, as long as his in-laws are paying the bill. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Metroid wrote:An aside. The only thing worse than bringing small children to a wedding, is being invited to a small child's birthday party. Seriously, I love you and your kid, but why on earth would you invite me to her 2nd birthday party? :-S

Yeah, those are pretty bad. Just to be a good friend, I show up and head straight for the booze (Lord help me if there wasn't :-b).

Worse yet, is having to attend a baptism. My friends and relatives from Pop's side of the family have the nasty habit of making me godfather of their kids. No excuses for not showing up, let alone not to give a gift. :-b But hey, as long as the food and booze are up to snuff, I can't complain.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:An aside. The only thing worse than bringing small children to a wedding, is being invited to a small child's birthday party. Seriously, I love you and your kid, but why on earth would you invite me to her 2nd birthday party? :-S

Yeah, those are pretty bad. Just to be a good friend, I show up and head straight for the booze (Lord help me if there wasn't :-b).

That's exactly how I roll too. Sure I'll come to your kid's party, but be prepared for me to get a little saucy. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk