Your kids are to loud to eat here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Postby dAnzac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Another thing keeping us from reproducing ourselves is Shannon really doesn't want to jack up her body going through a pregnancy. I cant say I blame her or disagree. :-D

Metroid wrote: A good friend of the girl who owns the catering company runs a day care, I bet I could tap her.

problem solved

Pics?
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dAnzac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:43 am

Also, stick to your guns Metroid.
If you don't want peoples kids there, that is 100% fine.
If they are offended by this, obviously they don't know you well enough to be at your wedding.

If we had got married here (instead of Vegas), it would have been 100% no kids. Don't like it, don't come.
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 am

I'm with Met here. It's not like he's telling them to screw off because he doesn't want their kids there. As long as it's done in a polite manner there's no reason why anybody should get all upset about the way somebody wants their wedding to be. Anybody who takes that the wrong way has issues.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I'm with Met here. It's not like he's telling them to screw off because he doesn't want their kids there. As long as it's done in a polite manner there's no reason why anybody should get all upset about the way somebody wants their wedding to be. Anybody who takes that the wrong way has issues.

Do you have children?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:34 pm

knapplc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I'm with Met here. It's not like he's telling them to screw off because he doesn't want their kids there. As long as it's done in a polite manner there's no reason why anybody should get all upset about the way somebody wants their wedding to be. Anybody who takes that the wrong way has issues.

Do you have children?

No, but I'm respectful of what my friends or family want. It's the one freaking day where they should have it exactly how they want it to be. One goddamn day. Again, if that's too much to ask out of the people you know and love, there's some issues.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Do you have children?

No.

Exactly. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Do you have children?

No.

Exactly. ;-)

Yeah, because having children should affect the way you look at respecting what your friends want. Again, it's one freaking day lol
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:23 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
No.

Exactly. ;-)

Yeah, because having children should affect the way you look at respecting what your friends want. Again, it's one freaking day lol

Not that it should or shouldn't, but it does. I agree with your sentiments, Aqua, but I'm not so certain I'd be all aboard that train if and when it would actually apply to me, ya know?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 am

I have a kid, and I still agree with Aqua. Even if it resulted in me not being able to attend, I wouldn't be upset that my friends or family members didn't change what they wanted because of me. On the other hand, I'd hope that they would understand if I wasn't able to go because I couldn't bring my daughter.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 am

I'll also agree that anyone should go about their wedding as they see fit and that includes a "no-kids policy". I think what knapp and myself are saying is that realistically, a "no-kids policy" is going to be tricky to put in place. For example, I could insist on the only music at my wedding will come from a live metal band... and the wife-to-be could agree too. We could do that because it's our big day and no one else's. However, unless most guests aren't averse to getting stuck in a moshpit, this is going to put off a lot of people from ever wanting to come. The people that I'd want at my big day are more important to me than the metal and (unfortunately) I'd have to get a DJ who would play less erm, abrasive music and tunes that are more suited to dance to.

I just see a "no-kids policy" being a more complex situation than some people here think. Likewise, people are usually more complex than they are straightforward. They're probably aware your intentions are good and they understand that. Deep down inside, some parents will just feel more naturally defensive than others about their kids not being allowed into an event, hosted by someone they hold in high regard, or maybe view as family even. They might not show those feelings right away, but those feelings might internalize and they might change the perception of you over time, if not, right now or in the immediate future. Just sayin', but I wish you kids luck anyway in planning out your big day (no pun intended).

On a side note, my dream wedding would be just me and my bride in say, Bora Bora or some island resort in the South Pacific. It would be a wedding and a honeymoon rolled into one, less expensive perhaps (no big ceremony) and a lot less hassle too.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk