Your kids are to loud to eat here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:So bizarre, I jinxed myself I swear. I'm reading this thread over the past two days, thinking to myself, "Man I can't think of the last time I've really had to deal with this..." Like others have mentioned I don't really do chain restaurants much, which may have something to do with it but I couldn't, for the life of me, recall how long it had been. Anyway, long story short, a friend of mine hits me up because she got out of work early and knew I had off today and I met her at TGI Friday's since it's right around the corner and I'll be damned if the kid in the booth behind me wasn't screaming bloody murder for the majority of it. We were cracking up over it, talking about what our parents would have done, and she had actually overheard on the radio yesterday about the restaurant linked in the original post of this thread. Interesting timing, to say the least. Anyway, the parents eventually took the kid away but not before probably a solid half hour of excruciating crying and screaming. I might have been annoyed had all of the above not made it easy to laugh at. At least now I can remember the last time it happened :-b

so...did you hit it?

Is discussing a topic you read about on your fantasy baseball forum/blog a deal breaker when it comes to "hittin' it"? :-?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Met, you know I think you're aces and all, and I agree with the whole concept of "It's our day and we can do what we want" (to an extent).

If you really, truly want to have a no kids policy at your wedding then go for it. But as a guy who wants nothing but the best for you and Shannon please believe me when I say that you will torque off some people with this policy. The on-site babysitting is a really good step and something your guests will greatly appreciate if you can pull it off (it could get expensive), but if that falls through and kids are banned... it's gonna get dicey. Fair warning.

It will be interesting to check back on your wedding prep thread(s) a year or five later when you guys have a child of your own and see if you've changed your mind about this. It isn't a small deal to the parents of the kids you don't invite, I promise you.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 pm

knapplc wrote:Met, you know I think you're aces and all, and I agree with the whole concept of "It's our day and we can do what we want" (to an extent).

If you really, truly want to have a no kids policy at your wedding then go for it. But as a guy who wants nothing but the best for you and Shannon please believe me when I say that you will torque off some people with this policy. The on-site babysitting is a really good step and something your guests will greatly appreciate if you can pull it off (it could get expensive), but if that falls through and kids are banned... it's gonna get dicey. Fair warning.

It will be interesting to check back on your wedding prep thread(s) a year or five later when you guys have a child of your own and see if you've changed your mind about this. It isn't a small deal to the parents of the kids you don't invite, I promise you.

I didn't say I wouldn't invite them, I said their small children cant attend the ceremony. :-D

Like I said earlier, most of my friend's kids are older...or old enough to not throw fits or get fussy during the ceremony. Now that I think about it, there are only two sets of friends I can think of who have an infant at the moment, both of which would totally understand. One of the friends actually owns a catering company so we've discussed and she's familiar with some of what we want for our wedding. Like I said, we're not banning kids, we just don't want small ones at the ceremony. I think the on-site care could work really well, and not be terribly expensive. I have a few ideas of people we could tap to take care of the kids. A good friend of the girl who owns the catering company runs a day care, I bet I could tap her. And again, our ceremony probably wont be longer than 30 minutes when it's all said and done.

And what's this "when we have a child of our own stuff?" I've told you several times, that ain't happening. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

i must add that i was at a wedding where a kid was crying and the parents didnt take him out...it kind of ruined it. everyone including the people on stage seemed irritated. i would be as mad as i could be if that was my wedding

so if it takes saying no kids to the ceremony to stop that, i agree

and people w kids now.....think back to your wedding and if you would have been cool if a crying kid ruined your day. would you be ok w it bc you know how kids are? i have to think that no, you would still be mad

and yes, a daycare type thing at the wedding is a fantastic idea
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:57 pm

shawngee03 wrote:and yes, a daycare type thing at the wedding is a fantastic idea

...or they can do the least expensive thing and cage all infants/toddlers during the ceremony. Everyone is a winner. The ceremony won't be disrupted and the young 'uns will keep each other company.

Metroid wrote:And what's this "when we have a child of our own stuff?" I've told you several times, that ain't happening. :-b

Wait until your girl turns 35 and she'll want a kid before "time runs out". One of my cousins on Mom's side is 35 and got married around this time last year. She didn't want kids in her early 30's and really didn't give it a second thought, until I suppose she came to the conclusion that she better aim for a baby now while she still can and is about to get married. We don't keep in touch much, but when we do, it's the same old conversation: she still can't conceive. That leaves me with the awkward task of saying something like "erm, better luck next time?" :-b

You never know, Met. Within a few years, maybe your attitudes about (not) having kids will change. I have a hunch that it will.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:and yes, a daycare type thing at the wedding is a fantastic idea

...or they can do the least expensive thing and cage all infants/toddlers during the ceremony. Everyone is a winner. The ceremony won't be disrupted and the young 'uns will keep each other company.

Metroid wrote:And what's this "when we have a child of our own stuff?" I've told you several times, that ain't happening. :-b

Wait until your girl turns 35 and she'll want a kid before "time runs out". One of my cousins on Mom's side is 35 and got married around this time last year. She didn't want kids in her early 30's and really didn't give it a second thought, until I suppose she came to the conclusion that she better aim for a baby now while she still can and is about to get married. We don't keep in touch much, but when we do, it's the same old conversation: she still can't conceive. That leaves me with the awkward task of saying something like "erm, better luck next time?" :-b

You never know, Met. Within a few years, maybe your attitudes about (not) having kids will change. I have a hunch that it will.

See the thing is, it's not that we don't really want to have kids, it's that we don't like kids. They're dirty, stinky, noisy, needy little leaches. :-b

Seriously though, I'm not saying we won't ever change our minds, but it's doubtful. Also, it's not that we're against raising a child, it's that we're against reproducing ourselves. If we do decide to have a child we'll most likely look into adoption, there are enough kids out there who need a home already. :-?

Another thing keeping us from reproducing ourselves is Shannon really doesn't want to jack up her body going through a pregnancy. I cant say I blame her or disagree. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi there, Met. I'm you, about 15 years from now. It's nice to meet you. :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:18 pm

knapplc wrote:Hi there, Met. I'm you, about 15 years from now. It's nice to meet you. :-D

Haha...yeah, yeah, I know. Like I said, we may change our opinion on things. :-b

Honestly people have been telling me that for years. First it was wait till you get close to 30, you'll change your mind. Now it's wait till you hit 35, you'll change your mind. I'm 35 in January....so what's next? Wait till your late 40's, you'll change you mind? :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Metroid wrote:
Another thing keeping us from reproducing ourselves is Shannon really doesn't want to jack up her body going through a pregnancy. I cant say I blame her or disagree. :-D

Metroid wrote: A good friend of the girl who owns the catering company runs a day care, I bet I could tap her.

problem solved
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Metroid wrote: A good friend of the girl who owns the catering company runs a day care, I bet I could tap her.

problem solved

epic. :-b ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk