Your kids are to loud to eat here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I thought this was an interesting article.. may spark some discussion..

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39075518/ns/today-parenting?Gt1=43001
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Your kids are to loud to eat here?

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm

My wife and I HATE sitting next to children. If the waiter/waitress tries to sit us next to a family or kids we ask for another table. IF a kid starts screaming before we order we probably leave.

It's probably best for business NOT to allow screaming children. Or for parents to be nice enough to bring their children out side :)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:19 pm

For the most part, kids who scream, act out, misbehave or generally raise a ruckus in public are poorly parented. Exceptions aside, it's typically an issue of the parent not disciplining the behavior early enough, and turning a blind eye to it the more it happens. I can't stand those unruly kids, either, but they're not going to go away, ever.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 pm

I will add that I don't expect something like a Pizza Joint to be lacking in children. I get annoyed when it's a nice restaurant
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

I figured we would all have a similar point of view here.. but it's an interesting topic.

I personally cannot stand loud disruptful children at a restaurant that I am paying decent money to eat at. I fully support this restaurants sign. It is the restaurants perogitive to do what they need to do to preserve the environment that they are trying to create for their customers. My girlfriend often says that I overreact about this situation (though I never act out or say anything to anyone, I just get annoyed). Many parents are under the belief that they have the same right to eat there as anyone else and people should respect that. It is something that I disagree with for a multitude of reasons, the most of which being I'm not in your earhole throughout your meal and I'm not sprinting around your table playing tag. Please, If you can't get your children to act in a respectful mannor, order your food to-go and have a picnic in the park. Thank you.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Kids I can take. I would HATE living near somebody with a barking dog. I could understand if it was a suburban area with big backyards but I get annoyed when it's in an apartment.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Kids I can take. I would HATE living near somebody with a barking dog. I could understand if it was a suburban area with big backyards but I get annoyed when it's in an apartment.

Well done
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm

I don't have a problem with disruptive kids in a restaurant, mainly because I've never really faced that problem. I tend to patronize restaurants that are aimed more at singles and couples, not a more "family-friendly" restaurant like a chain restaurant or a local upscale family-oriented eatery. I'm usually not mindful of that when picking a restaurant but those tend to be the places I frequent for really good food and/or excellent booze. The closest I've come to sitting in a noisy environment is the dim sum places but I don't mind the ruckus really. Personally, I would be much more peeved about people bringing their dogs to a restaurant or any public place (other than a park) than I would be about bratty kids.

What's worse than unruly kids in a restaurant is unruly kids on a flight.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I just hate kids. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

People don't have some kind of right to only hear sounds that they find pleasurable as they go about their day. If you don't want to be subject to crying babies, screaming kids, or whatever other sounds you find annoying, stay home. That or suck it up and deal with it.

That said, parents need to step their game up. If a toddler or young kid is throwing a screaming fit in a restaurant, store, park, plane, train, or automobile, it's probably because his parents are lames. It's not that hard to have kids that aren't out of control. Now, if an infant baby is crying, that's a little different and far more difficult to control, but one could certainly step outside with the baby until they could soothe it. Parents need to be more considerate of others when their baby is being disruptive, others need to grow up.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk