Stattracker for Android 2.2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stattracker for Android 2.2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stattracker for Android 2.2

Postby cs3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:06 am

I just downloaded the latest Android update to my phone (OG droid) and installed Adobe Flash Player 10.1
I've been anxiously waiting to be able to take statracker mobile, so i was really excited that a flash player is finally available, but unfortunately i cant get stattracker to open. It loads up to 99% and then freezes.

so has anyone been able to get stattracker to work with Android 2.2 (Froyo)?
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stattracker for Android 2.2

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes, I recently got the 2.2 upgrade for my HTC Incredible and the Stat Tracker works fine. There are a couple of times where the progress stops at 99% like you said, but if you try it again, you should be able to see Stat Tracker. I'd say about 75% of the time I got the screen to load.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby cs3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm

weird, i tried it ~15 times yesterday and it wouldnt load.
today it loaded up on the first try.
however the page doesnt display properly - the scroll bars dont work and i can only see a small fraction of the batters/pitchers stats
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:07 pm

cs3 wrote:weird, i tried it ~15 times yesterday and it wouldnt load.
today it loaded up on the first try.
however the page doesnt display properly - the scroll bars dont work and i can only see a small fraction of the batters/pitchers stats

The scrollbars within the stat tracker work fine with mine. I can see my team stats and standings in full without a problem.

Other than that, you're right about the stat tracker's layout being a bit amiss, but it's not too bad. The "15 games today" bit is at the bottom half of the league scoreboard and you can't check out the gamecasts, unfortunately. There was a time in which I didn't get any scrollbars which made navigating impossible, but that happened just once. The stat tracker isn't optimized for mobile and that's the primary reason for not displaying properly.

Are you using the default Webkit browser (the Internet app) or another browser? I have three browsers on my Incredible: Webkit, Dolphin HD, and Skyfire. While I haven't loaded stat tracker in Skyfire yet (don't use it too much except for live video), any problems I've experienced with stat tracker were on Dolphin on a couple of occasions but it works fine on Webkit.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cs3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.
im just using the factory browser that came with the droid.
Im actually not getting any scrollbars. I meant i cant get the page to scroll down or over at all using the touchscreen.
Even when i zoom in, i cant slide the screen around with the normal "tap/hold/drag" routine like i can on any other page
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 pm

cs3 wrote:Thanks for the reply.
im just using the factory browser that came with the droid.
Im actually not getting any scrollbars. I meant i cant get the page to scroll down or over at all using the touchscreen.
Even when i zoom in, i cant slide the screen around with the normal "tap/hold/drag" routine like i can on any other page

Yeah, that's a pain. I can't navigate with the touchscreen within the app either and use the scrollbars instead. Other than that, I can live with the quirks as long as it shows the stats. Would be nice to see a more mobile-friendly stat tracker rolled out or a standalone app.

I'd also say that Flash is still somewhat limited for the mobile. For example, I can watch ESPN3 from my phone and get a quality stream. However, sometimes the layout can be a bit all over the place, getting full-screen control can be tricky, and the application takes longer to load than on the PC. Probably more of an Android/Flash problem than it is a Yahoo one.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Just picked up the Incredible two weeks ago :-L :-L

Could use more apps, but whatever. They're coming.

I assume that you'd automatically be informed of any upgrades available? Where do you get flash, from the Market or Adobe website?

Is their a noticeable difference in browsers? I have no problems with the factory one.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 253)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

bigken117 wrote:I assume that you'd automatically be informed of any upgrades available? Where do you get flash, from the Market or Adobe website?

Is their a noticeable difference in browsers? I have no problems with the factory one.

Flash is pre-installed. If you haven't gotten the Android 2.2 upgrade, then you'll get the latest Flash player through the upgrade. The 2.2 update for the Incredible came out over a week ago, but you have to wait your turn to download it (can't find it on Market). I know I got my upgrade a few days ago, at last, and it's definitely worth the wait.

As far as browsers go, the factory browser (Webkit) has a simpler user interface. Dolphin gives you a tabbed browser experience like Chrome or Firefox. Skyfire is the more feature-oriented of the three, especially when it comes to video search. It depends on what you're more comfortable in using, really. I use the factory browser the most but I like to browse with Dolphin and Skyfire from time to time. There's also Opera mobile but I didn't bother to install that on my phone (don't need a 4th browser to experiment with :-b).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 pm

yeah I checked and my phone has the 2.2 version. Time to test out stat tracker.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 253)

Postby cs3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:35 am

bigken117 wrote:I assume that you'd automatically be informed of any upgrades available? Where do you get flash, from the Market or Adobe website?

im not sure about the incredible but with the droid the updates are sent out automatically and you are given a prompt to install them. i had to go to the market to download adobe flash 10.1 tho.
i think it may be pre-installed on all newer versions of the droid
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers