Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Ursa wrote: As someone else mentioned though, carefully watch ERA and WHIP, especially as ERA is the Yahoo tiebreaker (I won our 2007 championship on a superior ERA).


They finally fixed that absurd rule this year. In the playoffs, tiebreakers are determined by your W/L against your opponent in the regular season, followed by overall record if that's even, much fairer. I have no idea why Yahoo ever used ERA over the logical method they finally have now.


Yeah ERA sucked, but:
What is logical about losing the championship to the 6th place team, who barely made the playoffs, cause you lost the ALL-STAR WEEK badly to that opponent?

This is not fair or logical a bit.
Overall record should be the 1st tiebreaker.
We play for "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" all year, and that should mean that better team in the regular season gets the the tiebreaker advantage IMO.

BTW streaming SUCKS in the playoffs too.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:59 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
Ursa wrote: As someone else mentioned though, carefully watch ERA and WHIP, especially as ERA is the Yahoo tiebreaker (I won our 2007 championship on a superior ERA).


They finally fixed that absurd rule this year. In the playoffs, tiebreakers are determined by your W/L against your opponent in the regular season, followed by overall record if that's even, much fairer. I have no idea why Yahoo ever used ERA over the logical method they finally have now.


Yeah ERA sucked, but:
What is logical about losing the championship to the 6th place team, who barely made the playoffs, cause you lost the ALL-STAR WEEK badly to that opponent?

This is not fair or logical a bit.
Overall record should be the 1st tiebreaker.
We play for "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" all year, and that should mean that better team in the regular season gets the the tiebreaker advantage IMO.

BTW streaming SUCKS in the playoffs too.

Your overall record could be the difference in that All-Star week matchup, too. It's H2H. Deal with it.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 am

Deal with it?
Thats all you could come up with?
:-t :-t
You are on of those who are unable to finish first or second in the regular season? You are one of those, who can barely sneak into the playoffs?
No wonder that you support idiotic handicap.
:-°
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
Ursa wrote: As someone else mentioned though, carefully watch ERA and WHIP, especially as ERA is the Yahoo tiebreaker (I won our 2007 championship on a superior ERA).


They finally fixed that absurd rule this year. In the playoffs, tiebreakers are determined by your W/L against your opponent in the regular season, followed by overall record if that's even, much fairer. I have no idea why Yahoo ever used ERA over the logical method they finally have now.


Yeah ERA sucked, but:
What is logical about losing the championship to the 6th place team, who barely made the playoffs, cause you lost the ALL-STAR WEEK badly to that opponent?

This is not fair or logical a bit.
Overall record should be the 1st tiebreaker.
We play for "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" all year, and that should mean that better team in the regular season gets the the tiebreaker advantage IMO.

BTW streaming SUCKS in the playoffs too.


The NFL and NBA both use head to head records to decide tiebreakers, it's not like this system isn't rooted in professional sports reality. Baseball does not since they have one game tiebreakers but that's not practical in fantasy baseball.

ERA had no logic, at least head to head record does because professional leagues use it and can be used in fantasy sports. Overall record is also fair but whose to say the 3rd place team didn't get a cushier schedule and then got beat when they played that 6th place team who faced stiffer competition? I'm biased because I have a 6th place team playing a 3rd place team right now, have the H2H tiebreaker (and the matchup will probably be determined by it), both missing one of our elite guys, and had a better team offensively across the board by total stats, can't tell pitching because total innings would obviously play a factor.

I'd be okay with either tiebreaker. H2H is always about lots of luck anyway, comes with the territory of having your championship happening when the real teams are benching their studs for the real playoffs.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6584
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Deal with it?
Thats all you could come up with?
:-t :-t
You are on of those who are unable to finish first or second in the regular season? You are one of those, who can barely sneak into the playoffs?
No wonder that you support idiotic handicap.
:-°

Deal with it.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Wow, someone is crying and pouting that Yahoo sucks because of the slim probability that he is facing his opponent from ASB in the playoffs and happens to tie them?

Down with Yahoo! How dare they.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 am

DaSh 1s wrote:Wow, someone is crying and pouting that Yahoo sucks because of the slim probability that he is facing his opponent from ASB in the playoffs and happens to tie them?

Down with Yahoo! How dare they.


Crying?
You got confused. Im not one of your gay friends.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Deal with it?
Thats all you could come up with?
:-t :-t
You are on of those who are unable to finish first or second in the regular season? You are one of those, who can barely sneak into the playoffs?
No wonder that you support idiotic handicap.
:-°

Deal with it.

Pathetic.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
They finally fixed that absurd rule this year. In the playoffs, tiebreakers are determined by your W/L against your opponent in the regular season, followed by overall record if that's even, much fairer. I have no idea why Yahoo ever used ERA over the logical method they finally have now.


Yeah ERA sucked, but:
What is logical about losing the championship to the 6th place team, who barely made the playoffs, cause you lost the ALL-STAR WEEK badly to that opponent?

This is not fair or logical a bit.
Overall record should be the 1st tiebreaker.
We play for "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" all year, and that should mean that better team in the regular season gets the the tiebreaker advantage IMO.

BTW streaming SUCKS in the playoffs too.


The NFL and NBA both use head to head records to decide tiebreakers, it's not like this system isn't rooted in professional sports reality. Baseball does not since they have one game tiebreakers but that's not practical in fantasy baseball.

ERA had no logic, at least head to head record does because professional leagues use it and can be used in fantasy sports. Overall record is also fair but whose to say the 3rd place team didn't get a cushier schedule and then got beat when they played that 6th place team who faced stiffer competition? I'm biased because I have a 6th place team playing a 3rd place team right now, have the H2H tiebreaker (and the matchup will probably be determined by it), both missing one of our elite guys, and had a better team offensively across the board by total stats, can't tell pitching because total innings would obviously play a factor.

I'd be okay with either tiebreaker. H2H is always about lots of luck anyway, comes with the territory of having your championship happening when the real teams are benching their studs for the real playoffs.


Right, but in real life, they really face each other. In fantasy, my players don't face my opponenets players.
Theres nothing you can do about the schedule, but why use something, when there is better.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Streaming SPs in H2H Playoffs - good or bad?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Deal with it?
Thats all you could come up with?
:-t :-t
You are on of those who are unable to finish first or second in the regular season? You are one of those, who can barely sneak into the playoffs?
No wonder that you support idiotic handicap.
:-°

Deal with it.

Pathetic.

Deal with it.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact