Who came close to predicting CarGo's brilliant season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who came close to predicting CarGo's brilliant season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who came close to predicting CarGo's brilliant season?

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Verminator wrote:Ah yes, any team with CarGo at the price they got him would be in great shape to compete for their league championship.

In my league, the guy with CarGo is in 4th. I am still in 1st but wouldn't point to not drafting CarGo as a reason I may not win this league. I would point to choosing to trade away Tulo instead of Pedroia when they both got hurt and dropping WayRod half way through the season. %-6

That's not true, I took CarGo at 106 in one draft and that team is god awful.

He is carrying another team to a runaway victory. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rr150159 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Verminator wrote:Ah yes, any team with CarGo at the price they got him would be in great shape to compete for their league championship.

In my league, the guy with CarGo is in 4th. I am still in 1st but wouldn't point to not drafting CarGo as a reason I may not win this league. I would point to choosing to trade away Tulo instead of Pedroia when they both got hurt and dropping WayRod half way through the season. %-6

lol yea this isnt necessarily true. i took cargo 154th pick yet i barely made the playoffs in my extremely competitive h2h league. i even have hamilton too lol >.<
rr150159
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Nerfherders » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 pm

I drafted CarGo in my keeper league as a prospect when he was just a baby in A-ball. He was the last player taken in that supplemental draft. I stuck with him on my prospect roster and called him up this season. It's worked out pretty well! I love drafting a prospect and seeing them come through in the majors.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Nerfherders wrote:I drafted CarGo in my keeper league as a prospect when he was just a baby in A-ball. He was the last player taken in that supplemental draft. I stuck with him on my prospect roster and called him up this season. It's worked out pretty well! I love drafting a prospect and seeing them come through in the majors.

As do I. Though, it is even better when a you miss out on a player being taken before you in a prospect draft, Cargo in 2007, and then he gets dropped in early 2009 and I pounce and reap all of the benefits.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Bwanna » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Nerfherders wrote:I drafted CarGo in my keeper league as a prospect when he was just a baby in A-ball. He was the last player taken in that supplemental draft. I stuck with him on my prospect roster and called him up this season. It's worked out pretty well! I love drafting a prospect and seeing them come through in the majors.

As do I. Though, it is even better when a you miss out on a player being taken before you in a prospect draft, Cargo in 2007, and then he gets dropped in early 2009 and I pounce and reap all of the benefits.

Pick 5.06 of 2008 MiLB draft in my dynasty league ;-D

Then I dropped him last year in order to hang on to Elijah Dukes :-o ...then right before the roster freeze, I finally paid attention to the sick feeling I had in my gut about Dukes, and picked CarGo back up and dropped Dukes. :-°
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 253)

Postby Nerfherders » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm

I had alot of chances to drop CarGo since I drafted him in 2006. When he was called up by the A's he was terrible. But I told myself "He is young he might figure it out". Since we can leave our prospects on the prospect list even if they reach the majors, I just hung on to him.

As an aside, I am kind of in the same situation with Travis Snider right now.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mhuhn23 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 am

Owner in my league picked him round 12, pick 142. I wasted a pick on Rick Porcello at 129.

Same guy got A-Rod in round 1, picked Bautista up from free agents when he had around 10 HR or so, when people thought it was merely just a hot start. He also drafted Cruz round 5 pick 51. Gardner round 22 pick 262. Needless to say he went 16-4-1, and I'm tied with him 7-7-1 in the Semifinals going into the weekend :~(
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tis » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:23 pm

mhuhn23 wrote:Owner in my league picked him round 12, pick 142. I wasted a pick on Rick Porcello at 129.

Same guy got A-Rod in round 1, picked Bautista up from free agents when he had around 10 HR or so, when people thought it was merely just a hot start. He also drafted Cruz round 5 pick 51. Gardner round 22 pick 262. Needless to say he went 16-4-1, and I'm tied with him 7-7-1 in the Semifinals going into the weekend :~(

Sounds a little like my team.
Cruz at 62, CarGo at 137, Bautista fairly early ;-D

Peavy 106, Wieters 93, K-Rod/F.Fransisco/Fuentes as my drafted closers :-t

Still good for a 10+ point lead in my Roto league.
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers