My Dog Sucks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My Dog Sucks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: My Dog Sucks

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I wouldn't recommend getting another dog, at least not right away. That won't solve your problems, I'd be willing to bet a testicle that you'd just end up with two dogs digging, chewing, and wrecking shop. I know it's expensive to have your dog professionally trained but you should seriously consider doing so. Being this is your first dog and you are admittedly new to the whole owning a dog and training a dog thing, you would benefit greatly from seeing a professional. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Metroid wrote:I wouldn't recommend getting another dog, at least not right away. That won't solve your problems, I'd be willing to bet a testicle that you'd just end up with two dogs digging, chewing, and wrecking shop. I know it's expensive to have your dog professionally trained but you should seriously consider doing so. Being this is your first dog and you are admittedly new to the whole owning a dog and training a dog thing, you would benefit greatly from seeing a professional. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck.

He could always try those group classes, too. They're cheaper, you still get to see a professional do his/her thing, and the dog gets a little socialization, too. :-)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Metroid wrote:I wouldn't recommend getting another dog, at least not right away. That won't solve your problems, I'd be willing to bet a testicle that you'd just end up with two dogs digging, chewing, and wrecking shop. I know it's expensive to have your dog professionally trained but you should seriously consider doing so. Being this is your first dog and you are admittedly new to the whole owning a dog and training a dog thing, you would benefit greatly from seeing a professional. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck.

He could always try those group classes, too. They're cheaper, you still get to see a professional do his/her thing, and the dog gets a little socialization, too. :-)

yeah Petsmart has group ones. so i guess we'll try that and see how it goes
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:44 pm

you need to be the pack leader
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby beatdrum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Let me just say that the OP has listened to all of the suggestions (vitriolic and otherwise) and truly sounds like he wants to do what's best for his pup pup. I know I made some mistakes with my two and I was glad for all the help that I got from seasoned pet owners. Kudos to Shawngee and everybody else ;-D
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 pm

shawngee03 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

That is a great idea. The instructor can probably help you with the specific issues you having with the dog.

I doubt you are going to be able to stop the hole digging. Dogs dig, thats what they do. My dog does not dig much, and when she does she avoids the grassy parts of the yard for some reason, so that was not a huge issue. I know other dogs that dig huge holes all over the yard, and nothing their owners do has been able to stop it.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 pm

beatdrum wrote:Let me just say that the OP has listened to all of the suggestions (vitriolic and otherwise) and truly sounds like he wants to do what's best for his pup pup.

Yeah, it's almost like we're not on the Internet. :-S :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

thedude wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:He could always try those group classes, too. They're cheaper, you still get to see a professional do his/her thing, and the dog gets a little socialization, too. :-)

That is a great idea. The instructor can probably help you with the specific issues you having with the dog.

I doubt you are going to be able to stop the hole digging. Dogs dig, thats what they do. My dog does not dig much, and when she does she avoids the grassy parts of the yard for some reason, so that was not a huge issue. I know other dogs that dig huge holes all over the yard, and nothing their owners do has been able to stop it.

My dog used to dig when she was much younger and I was able to stop it. What I did was: one day I caught her digging, I went out and actually helped her a little. After digging together for a while, I went and grabbed the garden hose and began filling the hose with water. She sat next to the hole looking a little perplexed. After the hole was full of water and she was leaning over it curiously, I shoved her face into the water and she squirmed and ran to the corner of the yard. Then I filled the hole back up with dirt...she never dug another hole again. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby dAnzac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 pm

You can't control one dog, and you want to get another? :-?

I think the only option you have is to adopt 12 or 15 dogs, scientific tests have proved that they'll keep each other company. ;-D

shawngee03 wrote:her dad says he hats us

Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 am

dAnzac wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:her dad says he hats us

I've been waiting for this to show up. :-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter