September Call-ups (merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

September Call-ups (merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: September Call-ups (merged)

Postby fast dogs » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Wonder how many starts Trumbo is actually going to see. I added him right after Morales went down & was disappointed he didn't get a shot then.Gotta figure he's going to need a trade to play next year, just afraid he'll only get an occasional start final month this year
I plugged Espinosa in for Andrus this week too; anything after Monday is a bonus. We should be looking at the Nats 2nd basemen for years to come. With Texas only playing 5 games next week, he could be starting again for me even if Andus is back healthy. I was looking for more info & Havoks post ended up making me pull the trigger on Espinosa ;-D
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 286)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:39 pm

knowing Scoscia he probably won't play
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mblax10 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:can someone explain to me why Mark Trumbo hasn't gotten called up yet? The guy is tearing it up at AAA and the Angels are wasting their time with Napoli/ Rivera (as much as I do like Napoli). It makes no sense to me how a team in need of a slugging first basemen can snub a guy who is batting above .300 with almost 40 homers. Oh yeah, and he has 6 homers and 17 RBI in his last 10 games. It's fubar!

A team source tells Dan Woike of the Orange County Register that the Angels will call up first baseman Mark Trumbo and catcher Hank Conger from the minors Tuesday.
With Kendry Morales done for the year, Trumbo probably deserved a look sooner. The 24-year-old first baseman led the PCL with 36 home runs and 122 RBI this season. Conger, a former 2005 first-round pick, batted .300/.386/.462 with 11 home runs and 49 RBI with Triple-A Salt Lake this season. We're not sure how much playing time they'll actually get, but both players could give Mike Scioscia another reason to bench Mike Napoli. rotoworld

I cringe thinking about how Scoscia's going to handle Conger.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 am

mblax10 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:can someone explain to me why Mark Trumbo hasn't gotten called up yet? The guy is tearing it up at AAA and the Angels are wasting their time with Napoli/ Rivera (as much as I do like Napoli). It makes no sense to me how a team in need of a slugging first basemen can snub a guy who is batting above .300 with almost 40 homers. Oh yeah, and he has 6 homers and 17 RBI in his last 10 games. It's fubar!

A team source tells Dan Woike of the Orange County Register that the Angels will call up first baseman Mark Trumbo and catcher Hank Conger from the minors Tuesday.
With Kendry Morales done for the year, Trumbo probably deserved a look sooner. The 24-year-old first baseman led the PCL with 36 home runs and 122 RBI this season. Conger, a former 2005 first-round pick, batted .300/.386/.462 with 11 home runs and 49 RBI with Triple-A Salt Lake this season. We're not sure how much playing time they'll actually get, but both players could give Mike Scioscia another reason to bench Mike Napoli. rotoworld

I cringe thinking about how Scoscia's going to handle Conger.

At least you know he'll be ahead of Napoli on the catching depth chart. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby neoforce » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Two pitchers made their debut yesterday. Dillon Gee (24 years old, more of a control guy than a power guy, coming off shoulder surgery) and Yunesky Maya (28 year old signed a month ago from cuba) Neither of these guys were on my radar at all, I just googled them to get the tiny bit of info I have.

Does anyone know anything about them? I'm looking for long shot keepers next year for my very deep NL only league.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said there's a "strong possibility" that former 2004 first-round pick Mark Rogers will be called up to the majors this month.
Rogers' star has faded a bit after multiple shoulder surgeries, but his velocity is back in the mid-90s and he posted a 3.71 ERA over 24 starts with Double-A Huntsville this season. "If he can get a few innings in, he can benefit from it," said Melvin. "The work he gets in isn't as important as the experience of seeing what it's like in the big leagues for the first time." Rogers has swing-and-miss ability, but his command is still an issue. He might profile best as a reliever in the big leagues.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel / rotoworld
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Kyle Drabek-S- Blue Jays Sep. 12 - 12:39 pm et
The Blue Jays will call up Kyle Drabek and likely give him three starts by the end of the season.
His first start will come Wednesday against the Orioles in place of Brett Cecil. Drabek, who hasn't pitched since September 2, had a terrific year at Double-A New Hampshire, posting a 2.94 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 7.3 K/9 rater in 27 starts. The concern is that the righty has already thrown 162 innings, but the Jays want to get a look at him for a possible rotation spot in 2011.
Source: National Post

Mark Rogers-R- Brewers Sep. 12 - 12:27 pm et
Brewers manager Ken Macha said that Mark Rogers will start one of the games in the upcoming series against the Marlins.
Rogers was called up Friday and made his major league debut that night with a perfect inning of relief. The oft-injured former first-round pick has a 3.65 ERA and 8.8 K/9 rate in 25 starts between Double- and Triple-A (24 at Double-A) this season, though he has been wild with a 5.6 BB/9 rate. Stay away for now, but monitor him in NL-only leagues.
Source: Adam McCalvy on Twitter
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:01 pm

The Rays are expected to promote prospect left-hander Jake McGee on Tuesday.
McGee was moved to the bullpen after being promoted from Double-A to Triple-A and the results were nothing short of fantastic. The 24-year-old left-hander posted a 0.52 ERA and a ridiculous 27/3 K/BB ratio over 17 1/3 innings with the Bulls. The good news is that it looks like McGee is back as a legit prospect after having to undergo Tommy John surgery in 2008.
Source: Joe Smith on Twitter

Future TB closer of the future.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Andrew Brackman will be called up to the big leagues on Thursday, but as a spectator and not an active player.
The Yankees are also calling up prospects Jesus Montero and Dellin Betances to get a better feel of life in the big leagues and to work out with players on the current major league roster. Brackman had a 3.90 ERA and 126/39 K/BB ratio over 140 2/3 innings between High-A Tampa and Double-A Trenton this season. He's likely to begin 2011 at the Triple-A level.
Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter

Mariners recalled OF Greg Halman from Triple-A Tacoma.
Halman, 23, finished second in the Pacific Coast League with 33 home runs, but also led the league with 169 strikeouts. There's still time for him to mature, but he's not quite there yet. rotoworld.com
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers