September Call-ups (merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

September Call-ups (merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: September Call-ups (merged)

Postby kab21 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Well when they started Gordon opening day in 2007 it turned out he wasn't ready, granted he had skipped AAA. I don't blame them for being conservative and saving money at the same time.

I think it's absolutely the right move considering the CBA. But all of the elite prospects don't just magically become ready June 1st. This arb/super2/delayFA nonsense is having a huge impact on the game. But I don't know how they fix it.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any interesting Sept call ups for 2011?

Postby Tavish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

kab21 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
bigken117 wrote:how about players not in Yahoo and those of us holding onto a #1 waiver in a keeper league?
Moustakas?

It will likely take an act of God to get Moose called up this year. The team plans on him playing winter ball and possibly make the Pan-Am team. He certainly isn't making the decision to keep him down very easy.

The bigger question is if Mous will be on the opening day roster. Or if we'll hear the company line 'he's not ready and he needs to work on X' until June 1st.

I wouldn't put the chances real high that he gets the nod to start. If Betemit can continue to be even average at the spot then they might as well get him more ABs in AAA. Start Moose and Hosmer in AAA and give Kila the chance to start the season with a full-time role.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire wants to see Ben Revere up with the team this month.
Revere, a 2007 first-round pick, hit .303/.370/.361 with 35 steals as a 21-year-old in Double-A this year. He missed most of August with a fractured orbital bone, but he's returned to go 11-for-30 since August 27. If called up, he probably wouldn't play a major role on the Twins. However, his speed could make him useful off the bench.
Source: Phil Mackey on Twitter
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:18 am

Havok1517 wrote:Twins manager Ron Gardenhire wants to see Ben Revere up with the team this month.
Revere, a 2007 first-round pick, hit .303/.370/.361 with 35 steals as a 21-year-old in Double-A this year. He missed most of August with a fractured orbital bone, but he's returned to go 11-for-30 since August 27. If called up, he probably wouldn't play a major role on the Twins. However, his speed could make him useful off the bench.

Nice find. This kid has numbers that look like they will project very sweetly to the Bigs. Twins will have a great leadoff man in at least two years. Has 4 errors in 226 chances or so.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:02 am

Y`s Guy wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Twins manager Ron Gardenhire wants to see Ben Revere up with the team this month.

Nice find. This kid has numbers that look like they will project very sweetly to the Bigs. Twins will have a great leadoff man in at least two years. Has 4 errors in 226 chances or so.

The Twins have confirmed that outfield prospect Ben Revere will be called up from Double-A before Sunday's game.
Revere won't see many starts, if any at all, but he has good speed and will be a useful piece off the bench through the rest of the regular season. The 2007 first-round pick has a .303 batting average, a .370 on-base percentage and 35 steals this season at the Double-A level.
Source: Joe Christensen on Twitter
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:25 pm

bigken117 wrote:Is Espinosa's power legit? I recall reading somewhere he didn't project for this kind of power in the bigs, but the source escapes me. Or am I confusing him with Valencia again !+)

Believe he is showing that he does have legit power. God what a savior to start the playoffs! First day of playoffs today, had to take a chance and ride with Espi over Andrus because of Andrus' injury concerns, by glad I didn't chance it with Elvis!

Espinosa's line today - 4-5, 2B, 2HR, 6RBI, 2R. Good enough for 19total points today when Andrus hasn't topped 19pts in 10 weeks. Lovin this kid so far!!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby MasterX1918 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:57 pm

can someone explain to me why Mark Trumbo hasn't gotten called up yet? The guy is tearing it up at AAA and the Angels are wasting their time with Napoli/ Rivera (as much as I do like Napoli). It makes no sense to me how a team in need of a slugging first basemen can snub a guy who is batting above .300 with almost 40 homers. Oh yeah, and he has 6 homers and 17 RBI in his last 10 games. It's fubar!
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Nationals prospect Danny Espinosa has been called up.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minor ... pino002dan

Havok, I have to give you mad props for this post. It made me look at his numbers and I am weak when it come to liking those power/speed guys like this kid. The walks are a bonus, too, in my H2H league.

I am in 2 keeper leagues and this kid is tapping me on the shoulder saying, "Umm, like keep me or something."

Thanks again.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:39 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:can someone explain to me why Mark Trumbo hasn't gotten called up yet? The guy is tearing it up at AAA and the Angels are wasting their time with Napoli/ Rivera (as much as I do like Napoli). It makes no sense to me how a team in need of a slugging first basemen can snub a guy who is batting above .300 with almost 40 homers. Oh yeah, and he has 6 homers and 17 RBI in his last 10 games. It's fubar!

A team source tells Dan Woike of the Orange County Register that the Angels will call up first baseman Mark Trumbo and catcher Hank Conger from the minors Tuesday.
With Kendry Morales done for the year, Trumbo probably deserved a look sooner. The 24-year-old first baseman led the PCL with 36 home runs and 122 RBI this season. Conger, a former 2005 first-round pick, batted .300/.386/.462 with 11 home runs and 49 RBI with Triple-A Salt Lake this season. We're not sure how much playing time they'll actually get, but both players could give Mike Scioscia another reason to bench Mike Napoli. rotoworld
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 am

I ask and I receive
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager