Why did KELLY JOHNSON clear waivers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why did KELLY JOHNSON clear waivers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why did Kelley Johnson clear waivers?

Postby B-Chad » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:27 pm

shawngee03 wrote:im beginning to think GoodOleDays IS Kelly Johnson, and he misspelled his own name to throw everybody off

I'm beginning to believe GoodOleDays prefers to put their head in the sand when people present facts related to Johnson's massive home road split difference.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoodOl'Days » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:46 pm

B-Chad wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:im beginning to think GoodOleDays IS Kelly Johnson, and he misspelled his own name to throw everybody off

I'm beginning to believe GoodOleDays prefers to put their head in the sand when people present facts related to Johnson's massive home road split difference.

I don't understand the intricacies of the differences in WAR and wOBA, at this point simply understand that the experts prefer wOBA and that it would account for something like home/road spits, which are also significantly weighted with pitchers parks and excellent pitching. I have planned on researching it more and responding as I appreciated your post, however I was just forced to move and have a lot of the families stuff to take care of and haven't had time.

Aside from that it's easy to tell the Padres would be in the playoffs, or had the Braves singed him he wouldn't be making three errors which cost his time the game and probably the series.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 am

GoodOl'Days wrote:Aside from that it's easy to tell the Padres would be in the playoffs, or had the Braves singed him he wouldn't be making three errors which cost his time the game and probably the series.

bad argument. Brooks Conrad isn't necessarily good for 3 errors a game either. play that game 20 more times and I bet that doesn't happen once. something just got to him, Dan Uggla all-star game style. you can't pick out an anomalie and say that wouldn't have happened if Kelly Johnson was there, because if you replayed the game, it wouldn't have happed if Brooks Conrad was there.

Also, the argument here is that kelly Johnson isn't actually all that good. So to say that the Padres would be in the playoffs is stretching it. He certainly isn't a game changer. also, to add.. his home and away splits are so drastic with chase field, imagine how bad he would be if he played every other game at Petco?? certainly not the type of player that can save a whole team from a complete meltdown.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers