Really early 2011 Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Really early 2011 Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Really early 2011 Rankings

Postby cs3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

MTUCache wrote:a candidate to pick-up for a potential hot start and then ship him out before you have to start worrying about inning-caps and/or injury risk. Something to keep an eye on... :-b

he is goin to throw ~185 innings this year, and closer to 200 if the padres can somehow find a way into the playoffs.
i dont see any innings limit having an affect on him next year, if SD even puts any kind of limit in place.
while injury concern is legit, ALL pitchers are at least somewhat a risk.
and latos will be no more risky than any other young pitcher who has has thrown his career high innings the previous season
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scooter1027 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Nice lists, a few nit-picky things...

1. At this point, Posey's my #3 catcher. His counting numbers have nearly equaled Martinez's in roughly 4/5 the ABs, and he's carried a higher BA. He's younger, and appears less likely to break down. Also, after disappointing years from Suzuki, Montero, and Wieters, I'd bump Napoli up a few spots.

2. Kelly Johnson was the #5 2B in my league. How is he 18th? Also, Casey McGehee will not be 2B eligible next year.

3. I understand he's kinda hard to believe in, but is Bautista really the #7 3B? I'm going to have trouble taking Youk or Beltre ahead of 50+ HR. On the other hand, I can certainly understand any and all skepticism. Going to be interesting to see where he's taken next year.

4. OF #8 -- .273, 73 R, 17 HR, 69 RBI, 17 SB. OF #21 -- .284, 90 R, 24 HR, 89 RBI, 18 SB. Those numbers are comparable to Braun, much less Upton. Hunter Pence is underappreciated.

5. 2.28/1.16, 70 K in 50 IP, 22 Saves in 24 Save Ops. I know John Axford came out of nowhere, but a lot of good closers do, and his peripherals suggest his season wasn't luck based (in fact, his FIP was actually lower than his ERA). I'd be thrilled if I can get him after the likes of Aardsma, Gregg, Jenks, and F. Cordero.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 am

I do agree.....I think next year might be the year I buy into Hunter Pence
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jsphlly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 am

Decent list, couple thoughts off the top of my head...

No love for Ike Davis? Neil Walker?

I'd bump Cain up, he's not as "flashy" as some of your fantasy aces but he's been solid for 3 years.

Is Choo going to play next year? I was under the impression he was returning to Korea?
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 am

He apparently is going to play baseball overseas (forget where) to replace his military commitment.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:He apparently is going to play baseball overseas (forget where) to replace his military commitment.

Yep. Something along the lines of, if he brings the national team a championship, they will forgive his military obligation. I think I saw it on Rotoworld a couple weeks back. Not sure what happens if they don't win the championship though... :-?
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:17 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote: Not sure what happens if they don't win the championship though... :-?

If they don't win he serves in the military, cuts a deal with the government or leaves the country never to return.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm

he's going to apply for citizenship if he doesn't get the exemption. nothing really to worry about imo.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah, Choo won't miss the 2011 season. I'm pretty sure he just needs to compete for the national team in various events to get a waiver.

I also don't think Pence is a bad pick at a fair price, his floor is 7/8th round and he's a pretty young player, could be worth a gamble much higher than that.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm

What about overall rankings for 2011? I was talking to a buddy today who I happen to be playing for the championship, he has Hanley, I have Tulo, and ironically, we traded them to each other last season (I got much more than just Tulo at the time). He could see Tulo at #3, and with the death pool SS is set to become, I can agree, though I don't know if I'd do it drafting today.

I say Pujols and Hanley are still 1 and 2. 3 is wide open...Tulo, Cabs, Longoria, Braun for proven guys, and newfound (as in this is their first season in the top 10) wonders like CarGo, Cano, and Votto. And of course the enigmatic Hamilton. All have a case for #3.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers