There Isn't Room in my Mom's Basement for Both of Us! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

There Isn't Room in my Mom's Basement for Both of Us!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

There Isn't Room in my Mom's Basement for Both of Us!

Postby tedwilliamshead » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

I guess when you join a free, public fantasy league you get what you pay for. I belong to an ESPN ten team roto league. One of the members continues to add starting pitchers even though he is maxed out for games started. I've emailed him twice to alert him but did not get a response. I've concluded that: a) he is 10 b) his IQ is 10 c) his pharmacist is on speed dial. Now, he is only hurting his own chances but I was wondering if anyone had other experiences that exasperated you.
tedwilliamshead
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: There Isn't Room in my Mom's Basement for Both of Us!

Postby mkultra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Is he picking up spot starters, or is he hoarding SP's to keep them off other rosters? Nothing wrong with the latter.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby tedwilliamshead » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 pm

mkultra wrote:Is he picking up spot starters, or is he hoarding SP's to keep them off other rosters? Nothing wrong with the latter.

Thanks for the input. I checked his transactions over the last several weeks. They now total over 400. For a while it seemed that he was trying to get results from that day's probable starting pitchers. Now he has some second tier starters and middle relievers. I think he has 6 spots filled on his staff. Really, it is more of a head scratcher than insidious or even strategic.
tedwilliamshead
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bigmck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Put a limit on moves to stop that in the future. == If you have a limit on pitcher starts and he has exceeded that, he is only makeing moves for nothing. You really can't fault him. When the season started I am sure that everyone was encouraged to be an active owner.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Commissioner's Corner