Looking to change jobs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Looking to change jobs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Looking to change jobs

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Metroid wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:What is this Wipeout you speak of? I'm sorry, I don't immerse myself in boorish neanderthal North American pop culture.

arrogant much? You do realize you're posting on a site basically devoted North American pop culture. North American sports are a huge part of popular culture here.

Don't get mad at us because your sarcasm detector it broken. :-D

;-7

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:48 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:What is this Wipeout you speak of? I'm sorry, I don't immerse myself in boorish neanderthal North American pop culture.

arrogant much? You do realize you're posting on a site basically devoted North American pop culture. North American sports are a huge part of popular culture here.

Don't get mad at us because your sarcasm detector it broken. :-D

;-7

Yay! :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:07 pm

I would assume you must have met some people from your old radio gig after 5 years of working there who moved onto other stations who could help you out? You'd be amazed at how much a connection and a likable personality can trump whatever is on your resume as long as it meets the general requirements ie college degree. You're probably better off trying to lurk around linkedin for people you used to work with and see what happens.

markj11 wrote:Try the temp jobs that sound interesting. That way you get to see what you like, gain experience, build your resume.

Temping is pretty hit and miss. It's not easy to find temp jobs that offer meaningful employment, the people who could get that probably have jobs already and they basically want the exact same experience elsewhere. I know I had zero success going that route. His field is also pretty limiting in the temp world.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby jfg » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 am

I have really good connections in the radio field in the Twin Cities. Some of the guys have been around for awhile. But right now all that's available is minimum wage jobs and all management is getting laid off. I emailed my #1 connection the other day just asking him if he knew of part time and he said that the industry is worse than ever and I shouldn't do anything with radio right now if I need it to be steady employment.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to General Talk