Cars, Driveway and Tempers Flaring - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cars, Driveway and Tempers Flaring

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cars, Driveway and Tempers Flaring

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 pm

She might not be doing it on purpose.

I have a horrible habit with water bottles. We keep like 10 water bottles in our fridge that we rinse out and reuse. I'll grab one, drink about half of it, get up to do something and accidentally leave it behind. Later I'll take another one out of the fridge and do the same thing. Before I know it half full water bottles are all over the house. This morning I collected 8 of them and I think they were all mine. Pretty much exactly what that little girl on the movie Signs did. I know it annoys the hell out of people but I'm not doing it intentionally.

Just make sure your cars aren't blocking the sidewalk. That really pisses off runners and walkers trying to get by.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 pm

that's a good idea, have some anonymous runner send a letter to the driver of the car... :-b if it's blocking anything that is.. :-*
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pjalst » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm

sox 06 wrote:I love using the Cafe to vent and get some stuff off my chest :-°

...and for only the second or third time in my 20 years of life (no I am not kidding one little bit) I used the f-bomb...

Only the 2nd or 3rd time dropping the F-bomb? You must not be a true Sox fan. I know one of those times was when Aaron Boone hit that HR in the playoffs ;-D

To solve this problem just try to get home before her and park 10-15 ft from the garage, so the @ss of her car is sticking out in the road. She'll get your point.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby sox 06 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm

pjalst wrote:To solve this problem just try to get home before her and park 10-15 ft from the garage, so the @ss of her car is sticking out in the road. She'll get your point.

Ha, this is actually exactly what I was thinking of doing. In fact, I want to park my car and either my Dad's truck or my Mom's car even with the back of the driveway so she can't get her car in at all }:-)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby pjalst » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:37 pm

sox 06 wrote:Ha, this is actually exactly what I was thinking of doing. In fact, I want to park my car and either my Dad's truck or my Mom's car even with the back of the driveway so she can't get her car in at all }:-)

No you don't want to do that. You want to leave her a little room so she'll pull in. If you don't leave her any room, she'll just know that you're F'ing with her and know it was done on purpose. If you park 10-15 ft from the garage you can always say in was an accident or you can just say what she says when you b!tch at her about it.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby dAnzac » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 am

1. Wait till she's not home and leave her car on bricks
2. Take a pic of her and post it on the cafe
3. ????????
4. Profit

;-D
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 am

dAnzac wrote:1. Wait till she's not home and leave her car on bricks
2. Take a pic of her and post it on the cafe
3. ????????
4. Profit

;-D

the underpants gnomes...awesome
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:18 am

since you park behind her i would assume you also leave before her. just leave a large object behind her car so she has to move it every day
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 am

hey.. while we are venting about cars and driveways and such.. here's my story from last night.

My car was sitting in my driveway. I always lock the doors because I have a keyless remote thingy that I use as I walk away from the car. I can't guarentee that I hit the button this time, but I do everytime I walk away from my car as it has become habit, so I don't think I would have forgotten.. All of that is really beside the point, though.

I walk out to my car this morning to find that it has been broken into. Upon inspection of the situation it appears that my school backpack is the only thing that has been taken from my car. The interesting thing here is the the thief was nice enough to dump out my backpack all over my backseat and only take the backpack. So this thief steals my 10-yr-old, beat up backpack with a broken zipper (worth almost nothing, but frusterating that I have to buy a new backpack now.) What was in the backpack that they left behind, you wonder? well, fall semester is just about to start. In that bag was one $250 book, one $220 book, one $160 book, my $200 finacial calculator. They got away with the backpack and about $20 worth of pens that were in a seperate pocket.

note: They also left behind my golf clubs, baseball glove, 2 dvd's, and my sunglasses.

I am relieved that they left behind the thousand dollars worth of contents from the bag, but can i be happy about this? I am still pissed.. but relieved that I encountered strangely thoughtful thieves..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

Translation:

Last night I got totally wasted. It was midnight, maybe 1am, and I realized I forgot that I already have homework (stupid finance profs). I got into my car OK, but I couldn't find my notes from class and ended up dumping my backpack in the backseat because I couldn't see in the dark. I was cross-eyed from Captain Morgan's anyway, but still. That dumb backpack is 10 years old, beat up, and worthless. I finally found my notes, realized I didn't have anything due until Wednesday, and got so ticked off I tossed that worthless backpack across the street. I may have forgotten to lock my car.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk