Chris Denorfia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Denorfia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Denorfia

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Always hit for a decent average in the minors and has really put up solid numbers this year in less than 200 AB's. I know he's old but does anyone see him being a late round guy next year that could put up solid numbers?

I was thinking maybe a line of .275 15 hr 15 sb?

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Denorfia

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Always hit for a decent average in the minors and has really put up solid numbers this year in less than 200 AB's. I know he's old but does anyone see him being a late round guy next year that could put up solid numbers?

I thank Denorfia for what he has brought to the friars, but I think Hoyer will be improving his outfield next year.

As it stand now, Blanks, Ludwick, Venable and any center fielder they bring in, should be ahead of Denorfia on the depth chart.
If i had to guess, Denorfia will log more time at AAA next season, than he will the MLB.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm

wrveres wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:Always hit for a decent average in the minors and has really put up solid numbers this year in less than 200 AB's. I know he's old but does anyone see him being a late round guy next year that could put up solid numbers?

I thank Denorfia for what he has brought to the friars, but I think Hoyer will be improving his outfield next year.

As it stand now, Blanks, Ludwick, Venable and any center fielder they bring in, should be ahead of Denorfia on the depth chart.
If i had to guess, Denorfia will log more time at AAA next season, than he will the MLB.

Seems like thats been the story of his career...Just filling in untill there's a replacement. In his last 3 stops in the pros he's batted .283/ .290/ .284 but its never been enough for him to stick around for a year and see what a whole year could do for him.
:-/

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:37 pm

wrveres wrote:

I think next year hes our Scotty, I dont think Scott will be kept
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Return to Baseball Leftovers