Artful's Soccer Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Artful's Soccer Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Artful's Soccer Thread

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:45 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I can only see Barca going through despite of Chelsea getting a result last night.

Where you at, AD? :-D

I'm not going to even attempt to do any analysis. The game was insane. I thought we were literally done several times. First when JT got sent off (which Alexis totally embellished and was maybe a soft red, but what the hell was he thinking?) and then confirmed by the second goal. My hopes were back up after the Rami goal, but then I was sure were done once Messi lined up for the penalty...

But man, what a crazy game. The more it went on the more I thought it could just be Chelsea's night. It just seemed like things were going their way despite what looked like 45 minutes of a hockey power play. I couldn't sit still. I could barely sit at all, I just stood in front of the TV. And then the mad scramble and Torres is off and all alone, and he coolly sidesteps Valdes and secures the spot in the final.

I was emotionally exhausted after the game. It was such a rollercoaster. And while I'm irritated at JT as well as Rami and Bran for getting stupid yellows, I wouldn't change a single thing about that game because it was such an experience. It is literally what sports is all about.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Artful's Soccer Thread

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I can only see Barca going through despite of Chelsea getting a result last night.

Where you at, AD? :-D

I'm not going to even attempt to do any analysis. The game was insane. I thought we were literally done several times. First when JT got sent off (which Alexis totally embellished and was maybe a soft red, but what the hell was he thinking?) and then confirmed by the second goal. My hopes were back up after the Rami goal, but then I was sure were done once Messi lined up for the penalty...

But man, what a crazy game. The more it went on the more I thought it could just be Chelsea's night. It just seemed like things were going their way despite what looked like 45 minutes of a hockey power play. I couldn't sit still. I could barely sit at all, I just stood in front of the TV. And then the mad scramble and Torres is off and all alone, and he coolly sidesteps Valdes and secures the spot in the final.

I was emotionally exhausted after the game. It was such a rollercoaster. And while I'm irritated at JT as well as Rami and Bran for getting stupid yellows, I wouldn't change a single thing about that game because it was such an experience. It is literally what sports is all about.

can't say that I wanted Chelsea to win, but I agree with all of this.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue May 01, 2012 5:43 am

WOMP! Guessing you're a big Newcastle fan for the near future, AD?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chris8 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:WOMP! Guessing you're a big Newcastle fan for the near future, AD?

As someone who is most definitely a Toon fan, my head is reeling from that result and those goals tonight! Wow! No videos available yet, but I'm sure AD will post one soon enough!

What would be ridiculously depressing now would be for Newcastle to get that 4th spot against all odds, and then see Chelsea beat Bayern to take the Champions League spot away. Come on Bayern!!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby perlick29 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am

Nuff said:

Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

So here we are on the last day of the EPL season. So many great questions:

1) Who will win the EPL title? Manchester City defeats QPR, it's all over. If not, The Turds from Manure still have a chance.
2) Who will get the Champions league spot next year? In theory, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Newcastle are 3 squads fighting for two spots. But this is still an open ended discussion; Should Chelsea triumph next weekend, they would take a spot away from one of these three teams as well as being crowned almighty champions of Europe.
3) Who will be relegated? It's basically down to Bolton and QPR, with QPR needing to stay alive hoping to beat Man City, while a win from Bolton against Stoke City, keeps the Wanderers aboard for another year.
4) Why is AD cowering in a corner while all this takes place? Manchester United (The Turds) are likely to walk away with no real hardware to show for this season. They should probably just sack everyone and start all over. ;-)

Enjoy!
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 13, 2012 11:29 am

City is really gonna poop their pants here, eh? Pffft. Need to go to a 3-5-2 and start owning the mid-field and generating some attack. Christ.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 13, 2012 11:54 am

WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm

bigh0rt wrote:WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowow! Insane. In. Sane.

Glad QPR don't get relegated as a result of that, but I sure am happy to see things end up that way. In more important news for my fandom, great to see Spurs come out and press for an important win at home, and they were looking like third could be theirs until Gunners took the lead in the second half. Newcastle was never a factor on this day, so it's really just up to Munich handling their business at home in the Champions League so that 4th spot is still in for 2013 - not an absolutely perfect day from where I stand, but pretty darned close ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun May 13, 2012 12:55 pm

AD, want to confirm for us that you're still alive and well? I'm a bit concerned.

As for me, great ending to the season for my Gunners. Some tense moments at the end, but they got the job done, as ugly as it was. I hate Chelsea, but I'm rooting for them now. Anything to knock Spurs out of Champs League football.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk