Brandon Phillips does not like the Cardinals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Phillips does not like the Cardinals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brandon Phillips does not like the Cardinals

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:he should honestly probably face criminal charges. being on a baseball field doesn't make you immune to the law afaik.

this is a common argument in just about every sport, and the problem is drawing the line between what's appropriate and inappropriate.

offerman faced charges for his bat-charging insanity, so it does happen.
but this isn't exactly that bad, is it?

kicking in the face is pretty terrible, you're risking serious injury at that point. i'd probably draw the line between punching and kicking.

I imagine it would be awful easy for him to cite that he was defending himself given that there were like 60 people on the field in a scrum and he was being pinned up against the wall/netting.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 pm

If you want to blame someone, blame Yadi. The action that directly caused the escalation on the diamond that led to LaRue getting kicked in the head was Yadi getting in Phillips' face.

As a completely unbiased observer, I don't have a problem with any of it. I don't have a problem with Phillips hating a division rival (I wish more players did). I don't have a problem with Yadi getting in his face about it. And I sure as heck don't have a problem with someone defending himself in a scrum. I do have a problem laying the whole LaRue retirement thing at Cueto's feet. That's just ridiculous.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:If you want to blame someone, blame Yadi. The action that directly caused the escalation on the diamond that led to LaRue getting kicked in the head was Yadi getting in Phillips' face.

As a completely unbiased observer, I don't have a problem with any of it. I don't have a problem with Phillips hating a division rival (I wish more players did). I don't have a problem with Yadi getting in his face about it. And I sure as heck don't have a problem with someone defending himself in a scrum. I do have a problem laying the whole LaRue retirement thing at Cueto's feet. That's just ridiculous.

Larue was probably going to retire soon anyway so I don't think any real harm was done but I don't see the logic in not putting the majority of the blame on the person who actually kicked him in the head.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:If you want to blame someone, blame Yadi. The action that directly caused the escalation on the diamond that led to LaRue getting kicked in the head was Yadi getting in Phillips' face.

Larue was probably going to retire soon anyway so I don't think any real harm was done but I don't see the logic in not putting the majority of the blame on the person who actually kicked him in the head.

Self defense!
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Self defense!

I didn't realize LaRue was attacking him with his face. }:-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Self defense!

I didn't realize LaRue was attacking him with his face. }:-)

If I was Cueto, I would have been flailing and kicking and not worrying about what I connected with. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dAnzac » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
If I was Cueto, I would have been flailing and kicking and not worrying about what I connected with. :-D

You're such a woman, luckily for you they don't have scrums in the kitchen. ;-D
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 am

dAnzac wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

Maybe so. I guess I just wouldn't be that comfortable having a dozen hot sweaty guys on top of me. I'm not AussieDodger. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:37 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
dAnzac wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

Maybe so. I guess I just wouldn't be that comfortable having a dozen hot sweaty guys on top of me. I'm not AussieDodger. :-B

Too bad he isn't around to defend himself.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Too bad he isn't around to defend himself.

Rest his poor soul.... :-/
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers