Share Your Current Favourite Noms Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Share Your Current Favourite Noms Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Share Your Current Favourite Noms Thread

Postby dAnzac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Hai there

So the supermarket here just got in something you guys probably take for granted.......

........I'm addicted to them like a crack baby :-o :-o :-o . Buffalo isn't a flavour I've seen in this neck of the woods, usually "sweet and sour" is considered exotic :-C

Also a shop next to that supermarket has got in grape soda AND cherry coke.
Nirvana :-L

Thoughts? WHIR
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Share Your Current Favourite Noms Thread

Postby RugbyD » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:37 pm

brought 2 bags of ketchup chips back from my trip to vancouver.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Pumped on grape soda and cherry coke? It really is like you live in a Mad Max world isn't it? :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm currently chewing on Orbit gum and am not thinking about food at the moment.

BTW, grape soda sounds like a thing from the 80's for me. I very rarely see them on supermarket shelves these days.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby dAnzac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Metroid wrote:Pumped on grape soda and cherry coke? It really is like you live in a Mad Max world isn't it? :-b

Totally. One of the things that totally irks me about living in "regional" Aust. compared to where I grew up in NZ - where we had all kinds of crazy shizz from Bangladesh or Zimbabwe or where ever. In Australia every place sells the same brands and flavours. :-t
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 pm

What are Rainbow Chips?
When Chief Crumb invented the Sarasota chip in 1864, he used table stock, the only potato that was available. These potatoes were often high in sugars and were cooked in batches of 25 to 100 pounds in kettles with a direct fire under them.

The result was often dark chips with a sweet ‘burnt’ taste as a result of the caramelizing of the sugars that occurred during frying. Today the Rainbow or dark chip is the exception. Through the year’s farmers, university agricultural departments and private breeders worked to reduce the sugar content.

While industry built larger continuous fryers with the oil heated in special furnaces and piped into the new kettles instead of a direct fire. The new chip varieties along with the larger continuous fryers resulted in a light colored chip that many enjoy today. The dark chip became the exception and was usually removed from the process.

Many consumers, however, missed the dark chips and would often ask for the ‘burnt’ chips. Better Made would collect the rejected dark chips and package them as “Rainbows “ but the supply was very limited and we were unable to meet the demand for them.

Most Rainbows were as a result of potatoes that did not ‘condition’ during the winter storage period November through April and were unavailable during the ‘fresh’ harvest, May to October. For many years Better Made worked with the breeders and farmers to produce a chip variety potato that would have the ability to yield a rainbow flavored chip for most of the year in commercial quantities to meet the consumer’s demands.

Today we are proud to bring you our new ‘Rainbow’ country style for those consumers who enjoy the traditional flavor of the old fashioned dark chip.

:-L
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:05 pm

I posted this on the football side:

If you like the peanut butter cups at all you will go ape for this. Blows the peanut butter cups out of the water. Most awesome of awesome chocolate bars. After hanging around for years Reese finally goes Jose Bautista with this confection. Not generally available in Toronto, I know 2 places that sell them. If you can find this in your area give it a try.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Now that I've worked up an appetite, I'm in the mood for Peruvian food. Namely, lomo saltado and just imagine it with shrimp too:

Only thing is, there are a few great Peruvian restaurants but a bit of a drive for me. Locally, we have a nice Peruvian establishment as well, although they specialize in chicken (they make a good lomo too).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Image

:-L

Meh. Call me when they come out with Double Rainbow Potato Chips.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 pm

I made my first-ever batch of ceviche for a recent barbeque that came out very nice. Much better than I expected, actually, for my first time. I'm generally not into fruity beers, but with a bumper crop of cherries this year, I made a cherry-wheat ale that came out pretty darn good. Just a hint of cherry, mainly on the bouquet but a little in the aftertaste.

I also recently parted ways with all fruit-flavored gum. This is a permanent arrangement after a lifetime of disappointment.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk