Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 pm

urbanbreez wrote:i think gay people are cool dudes, aside from all the sodomy. they are creative, cleanly, and non-threatening to my girlfriend or masculinity. then i moved in to my new place (friggin mansion, btw, huge ass tv. omg, u jelly?) and my neighbors are gay. i was like, cool... gay people near me. there will be elaborate holiday parties, neatly trimmed yards, and someplace my girl can hang out while i watch the game. but nope.com. they are snooty, pretentious, and obnoxious. they have a tiny dog. he barks for the sake of barking. i will kill and bury his ass in the trash the first chance i get. they wear "man bags" purses, really. yeah, i know. lol.

all that said, who gives an eff? why do you want to stick your nose in someone's business (nohomo)? let them get married if they want to. they should have the right to be miserably bonded with some jackass just like you and i.

the first time i read this i lol'd pretty hard.. i just went back and read it again.. lol'd even harder. pretty much :-b from top to bottom. ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 403)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Madison wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:States can make their own laws about what is supported, and many have.

But that still wouldn't change the fact that federally marriage isn't allowed and their are numerous tax and legal implications because federal laws trump state laws.

If all 50 states adopted a policy that makes civil unions equal to marriage, wouldn't the federal government have to acknowledge it and make changes? :-? Probably wouldn't even take all 50 doing it, 15-20 would probably suffice.

Why should we have to wait for all 50 states to pass laws for the federal government to eliminate a clearly discriminatory federal policy? Separate issues, but the government didn't wait until every state in the union overturned slavery, segregation, or abortion laws to make a federal law.

Look what's going on now, you have states like California, Colorado and others legalizing some aspects of marijuana use for medical reasons. So you have the state governments and police forces saying one thing, and you have the federal government and its agencies saying another and raiding completely lawful businesses based on state laws, because they are illegal federally.

Again, different topic, different argument, but you have federal laws trumping state laws and basically making the state laws meaningless. Until the federal laws are changed, there are still countless rights and tax/estate benefits that committed gay couples are legally prevented from enjoying
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:
Madison wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:States can make their own laws about what is supported, and many have.

But that still wouldn't change the fact that federally marriage isn't allowed and their are numerous tax and legal implications because federal laws trump state laws.

If all 50 states adopted a policy that makes civil unions equal to marriage, wouldn't the federal government have to acknowledge it and make changes? :-? Probably wouldn't even take all 50 doing it, 15-20 would probably suffice.

Why should we have to wait for all 50 states to pass laws for the federal government to eliminate a clearly discriminatory federal policy? Separate issues, but the government didn't wait until every state in the union overturned slavery, segregation, or abortion laws to make a federal law.

Look what's going on now, you have states like California, Colorado and others legalizing some aspects of marijuana use for medical reasons. So you have the state governments and police forces saying one thing, and you have the federal government and its agencies saying another and raiding completely lawful businesses based on state laws, because they are illegal federally.

Again, different topic, different argument, but you have federal laws trumping state laws and basically making the state laws meaningless. Until the federal laws are changed, there are still countless rights and tax/estate benefits that committed gay couples are legally prevented from enjoying

Guess you didn't really read my post, I said 15-20 would probably suffice. Could even be less, or it could be more, I don't know, but Hawaii made the step that I was saying way back. Give the same marriage benefits to civil unions and let's move on. If enough states do it, the federal government won't have a choice. How many states it will take is anyone's guess. But Hawaii is one. ;-D

As to drug raids, completely different subject with far more variables. I get what you're saying about state and federal laws clashing though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk