Zobrist - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Zobrist

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zobrist

Postby rotoquest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Zobrist (back) is not in the lineup for Monday's game against the Twins, the Tampa Tribune reports.
Spin:Zobrist is feeling better, so a return shouldn't be far off, possibly as early as Tuesday.

Still going to wait a few days before I put him back in the lineup. Back issues are worrisome.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Zobrist

Postby AdvRider » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 am

Is it his back? Or was 2009 a career year?

Cuz Benjamin Zobrist is in a mother of a slump. His last multi-hit game was ... JULY 8. 8-o During which time his BA has fallen from .290 to .260. His steady SBs helped offset the absence of power but he hasn't swiped a single bag in August.

I'm this close to dropping him. I'm tied for first and every advantage counts. My best WW options are probably Stanton, Alvarez, Hairston or Walker. Anybody -- what are the chances of Zobrist turning it on and becoming relevant down the stretch?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Oatsdad » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 am

AdvRider wrote:Is it his back? Or was 2009 a career year?

Cuz Benjamin Zobrist is in a mother of a slump. His last multi-hit game was ... JULY 8. 8-o During which time his BA has fallen from .290 to .260. His steady SBs helped offset the absence of power but he hasn't swiped a single bag in August.

I'm this close to dropping him. I'm tied for first and every advantage counts. My best WW options are probably Stanton, Alvarez, Hairston or Walker. Anybody -- what are the chances of Zobrist turning it on and becoming relevant down the stretch?

Good question. I've kept him in my points league because - for a while, at least - he produced decent points despite the low BA and whatnot. Now he's not even producing THERE - 2 points over the last 14 days! :~(
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AdvRider » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:20 am

Rotowire makes note of Zobrist's prolonged slump... !+)

Aug 13
(Rotowire) Zobrist went 0-for-3 on Friday night, lowering his batting average to .258.
Recommendation: No word as to what's wrong with Zobrist; to equate his slump to an injury would be pure speculation. Something is definately not right with him as his July (.195) and August (.107) batting averages indicate.

I pulled the trigger, dropped Zobrist for Stanton.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby dleoboyd » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm not sure what's going on with Zobrist this year, but he's still an on-base machine with a solid contact approach. He's hitting a lot more GBs this year and simply hitting the ball with less authority than he did in 08 & 09. My best guess is that there's something nagging at him injury-wise this year. If healthy I expect he will return to the 20+ HR level in 2011, with solid speed to boot.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Aristotle
dleoboyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Another 0-5 today.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates