the officical "Joe Morgan is a Douche" thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

the officical "Joe Morgan is a Douche" thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: the officical "Joe Morgan is a Douche" thread

Postby carter » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:53 am

hett2333 wrote:As bad as Morgan is, Harold Reynolds is worse. I can't believe this guy ever played the game because he doesn't know what he's talking about. Worst part is, he's on every night...anyone else notice how horrible he is?

I like Reynolds .. when it comes to season predictions and statistical analysis, he's horrible.. the man doesn't belong in a front office, but he belonged on a baseball field .. the kid has moxy

Snakes Gould wrote:i have a saying...

"anyone who uses the word douche(bag) should be deemed a douche(bag) themselves."

and i tell ya, it works everytime.

It seems Mr. Snakes Gould is in denial, that he himself, is a Douche(bag) :-B
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 pm

hett2333 wrote:As bad as Morgan is, Harold Reynolds is worse. I can't believe this guy ever played the game because he doesn't know what he's talking about. Worst part is, he's on every night...anyone else notice how horrible he is?

He's that guy at the party that's way too excitable, never shuts, up, but you're friends with him so you like him okay.

He doesn't bug me that much.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 am

I like Harold Reynolds...

:-?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby GoodOl'Days » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Inukchuk wrote:

The last time I watched Baseball Tonight, which I guess now is a competition to replace Joe Morgan when he dies, was when Harold was there. Well spoken and excellent at breaking down plays for the audience.

I attended a football camp in which Harold was a guest speaker. I can tell you there isn't a better human exiting on this earth. He didn't just speak, he connected with the audience and personally mentored some troubled players afterword. Even the cocky guys who had D-1 rides in the bag shut up and listened well.

He's very religious and again, a lucid speaker on the subject, but not imposing. I can't think of another guy I'd like to hear from and hear from often, whether he were a baseball broadcast, a pastor, government official or just one of the guys. You're really missing something if you don't believe Reynolds is top-notch.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GoodOl'Days » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:03 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
LloydChristmas wrote:http://www.firejoemorgan.com/

god i miss that site :,-(

Check out the good news! viewtopic.php?t=417784
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:02 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

The last time I watched Baseball Tonight, which I guess now is a competition to replace Joe Morgan when he dies, was when Harold was there. Well spoken and excellent at breaking down plays for the audience.

I attended a football camp in which Harold was a guest speaker. I can tell you there isn't a better human exiting on this earth. He didn't just speak, he connected with the audience and personally mentored some troubled players afterword. Even the cocky guys who had D-1 rides in the bag shut up and listened well.

He's very religious and again, a lucid speaker on the subject, but not imposing. I can't think of another guy I'd like to hear from and hear from often, whether he were a baseball broadcast, a pastor, government official or just one of the guys. You're really missing something if you don't believe Reynolds is top-notch.

A) I like harold reynolds too

B) I'm pretty sure this thread is still in the unofficial stages. well until STL has something to say about it..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

A) I like harold reynolds too

B) I'm pretty sure this thread is still in the unofficial stages. well until STL has something to say about it..

i like Reynolds, i just dont think he knows what he's talking about though

...i think we actually need to wait for JT
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby cs3 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 am

now for contrast here is a bit of awesome in-game commentary from the Giants v Reds tonight:

Bot 8th, giants leading 8-2
a foul smash down the right field line, that 2 buddies wrestle around with each other before one of them comes up with the ball.

actual word for word:
KRUK: easy fellas its just a ball
KUIP: youve gotta give it to the girl in the orange cap dont ya... i mean if youre smart (as the camera zooms in on this STUNNING blonde hottie sitting behind the 2 buddies... who is clearly with the guy sitting right next to her)
KRUK: but what if shes with the other guy???
KUIP: worth a shot!
KRUK: (LOL) he cooouuuld be her brother....

now this is Joe Morgans take on the same play if he were doin the game:
JOHN: theres a SMASH down the right field line and iiiiiiits..... JUST FOU---
JOE: well john, what you see here is that shierholtz just didnt wait long enough. you can tell this becasue when the ball goes foul down the right field line, from a left handed batter, he was clearly early on the pitch. now i used to keep my hands inside on teh pitch and drive it to the gap
JOHN: that was a nice play by the young man,(as camera zooms in on the smokin hot blonde) perhaps he should give it to the pretty young girl right th--
JOE: you see john, im gonna use my telestrator here (as he scribbles yellow gibberish across the screen, completely blocking out any view the babe) to show you exactly where his swing shouldve been in relation to that pitch. it was here, but he SHOULDVE had his bat over here.... because you know if you time it right you can still keep it fair (as 2 pitches have already passed and shierholtz has now doubled down right field into the corner)

JOE TAKE SOME DAMN NOTES!
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:01 am

Kruk and Kuip are aces.
For some reason this made me crack up. I almost spit breakfast burrito:
GoodOl'Days wrote:I can tell you there isn't a better human exiting on this earth.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 am

cs3 wrote:now this is Joe Morgans take on the same play if he were doin the game:
JOHN: theres a SMASH down the right field line and iiiiiiits..... JUST FOU---
JOE: well john, what you see here is that shierholtz just didnt wait long enough. you can tell this becasue when the ball goes foul down the right field line, from a left handed batter, he was clearly early on the pitch. now i used to keep my hands inside on teh pitch and drive it to the gap
JOHN: that was a nice play by the young man,(as camera zooms in on the smokin hot blonde) perhaps he should give it to the pretty young girl right th--
JOE: you see john, im gonna use my telestrator here (as he scribbles yellow gibberish across the screen, completely blocking out any view the babe) to show you exactly where his swing shouldve been in relation to that pitch. it was here, but he SHOULDVE had his bat over here.... because you know if you time it right you can still keep it fair (as 2 pitches have already passed and shierholtz has now doubled down right field into the corner)

JOE TAKE SOME DAMN NOTES!

Well done. I felt like I was in the booth with him... :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers