Trade Deadline Winners And Losers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Deadline Winners And Losers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Deadline Winners And Losers

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:37 pm

And what's with the debating in constant Yankees threads, referring to the Yankees as "we" and perhaps most of all, referring to yourself as a "Yankee fan:"

viewtopic.php?t=398571&hilit=yankees&start=70

DaSh 1s wrote:Thanks for your advice, but I wasn't passing along information like I sat with Cashman, I was stating facts, and making the obvious inferences from facts. I mean, we can pretend that Phil Hughes, will magically learn a MLB ready CHG on his pitch-back this offseason, or that his arm is strong enough to handle a jump from 70 to 200 innings. But if not, its pretty clear cut that Phil is on the outside of the rotation right now. I don't need Girardi or Cashman to announce this to known this. All who, own him for next year with hopes of SP, I would advise to sell before it is announced, unless you are looking for him 2011 or foward.

Also concerning '11, we only have 2 SP set in stone. I mean its pretty obvious they will try to plug a hole in the rotation with Joba/Phil instead of signing 3 FA. :)

What I said, is obviously the plan as of now, but as we baseball fans all know, nothing every goes right in baseball, so it could all change dramatically with a blink of the eye.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=398325&p=3168229&hilit=+yankees#p3168229

DaSh 1s wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Didn't the Yankees just win a title? Do they really need to get better? So greedy... :-t

Didn't we just lose two players who posted OPS+ north of 125, to FA?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=392021&p=3119545&hilit=+yankees#p3119545

DaSh 1s wrote:As a Yankee fan, I scout the daily blogs and follow the team religiously, there isn't a shot in hell they will add his contract. Gardner is currently sporting a OPS north of 800, Pierre would be one of the worst moves they could ever make.

You have to love a Yankees fan who won't even admit that he is one for fear that others will see his obvious bias. ;-7
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers