Berkman to Yankees? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman to Yankees?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Berkman to Yankees?

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 pm

AussieDodger wrote:I've always like Melancon, but a reliever and a crappy 2B lottery ticket for Berkman? Get outta here. :-S

And they're paying $4M of his remaining $7.1M this year. Berkman apparently rejected a trade to CHW earlier today.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:doesnt seem like the yankees had to give up much and the stros took on a bunch of the salary. wish the giants had gotten in on it if that was all it would take. though it's possibly berkman would only accept a trade to ny.

Don't worry, the Giants are more interested in Jose A. Bautista (which according to MLB Trade Rumors may revolve around Burriss, which would be okay, or Adrianza, which I'd be less thrilled about). Sorry, I guess it's not clear that there was sarcasm mixed with some optimism that if they are going to acquire a guy who's living off of just barely deep enough HR's according to hit tracker at last check, it won't cost much. If the alternative is that the Giants are serious about pursuing Jose Guillen :-P I'll take Bautista ten times out of ten.

Back on subject, Berkman's value goes way up obviously. Can't like his declining LD rate, and declining HR/FB, but his OBP skills are still great, and I expect him to improve as the season goes along.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 pm

B-Chad wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:doesnt seem like the yankees had to give up much and the stros took on a bunch of the salary. wish the giants had gotten in on it if that was all it would take. though it's possibly berkman would only accept a trade to ny.

Don't worry, the Giants are more interested in Jose A. Bautista (which according to MLB Trade Rumors may revolve around Burriss, which would be okay, or Adrianza, which I'd be less thrilled about). Sorry, I guess it's not clear that there was sarcasm mixed with some optimism that if they are going to acquire a guy who's living off of just barely deep enough HR's according to hit tracker at last check, it won't cost much. If the alternative is that the Giants are serious about pursuing Jose Guillen :-P I'll take Bautista ten times out of ten.

The Jays aren't trading Jose Bautista for Burress (a AAAA player) or Adrianza (a mediocre SS prospect). I don't know why Heyman keeps throwing those names out there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:33 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I've always like Melancon, but a reliever and a crappy 2B lottery ticket for Berkman? Get outta here. :-S

FYP ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby B-Chad » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:33 pm

mweir145 wrote:
B-Chad wrote:

The Jays aren't trading Jose Bautista for Burress (a AAAA player) or Adrianza (a mediocre SS prospect). I don't know why Heyman keeps throwing those names out there.

Yeah I thought they were curious choices of prospect names for him to toss out there myself. And by prospects, I mean suspects. Unless the Giants are going to make a splash for a significant difference maker, I'd just assume they ride things out as opposed to dealing anything even remotely qualifying as a prospect. The biggest problem is, the biggest difference making bats available play the corners. Now if the Giants could acquire Dan Uggla without mortgaging a ton, I'd be all for that.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I just completed a trade to acquire Berkman earlier this afternoon. ;-D

it won't be enough. O:-)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:24 am

B-Chad wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
B-Chad wrote:

Yeah I thought they were curious choices of prospect names for him to toss out there myself. And by prospects, I mean suspects. Unless the Giants are going to make a splash for a significant difference maker, I'd just assume they ride things out as opposed to dealing anything even remotely qualifying as a prospect. The biggest problem is, the biggest difference making bats available play the corners. Now if the Giants could acquire Dan Uggla without mortgaging a ton, I'd be all for that.

Jays fans want Bumgarner for Bautista, but I don't see how that is a realistic wish at all. Really, I just think the Jays will end up keeping him.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby B-Chad » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 am

mweir145 wrote:
B-Chad wrote:
mweir145 wrote:The Jays aren't trading Jose Bautista for Burress (a AAAA player) or Adrianza (a mediocre SS prospect). I don't know why Heyman keeps throwing those names out there.

Jays fans want Bumgarner for Bautista, but I don't see how that is a realistic wish at all. Really, I just think the Jays will end up keeping him.

Yeah, probably accurate. I don't understand how Bumgarner's name keeps coming up in trade rumors in regards to rental type players? I guess the rest of the league missed out on the fact Bumgarner's regained his upper echelon prospect status (oh yeah and velocity). Oh well. Finding rationale fan bases is impossible. Good to see at least you are realistic.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:13 am

Element wrote:So how soon before we see Brett Wallace?

I'm feeling September. Astro's probably going to have a look at his defense before rushing him right up. In the meantime, the Stro's go with the ugly Feliz/Blum platoon.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 am

The Astros just became (if they weren't already) the number 1 team to stream SPs against ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers