Oswalt ---> Phillies (Confirmed) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oswalt ---> Phillies (Confirmed)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oswalt ---> Phillies (Confirmed)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:54 am

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/astros-phillies-reach-oswalt-agreement-approval-needed.html

The Astros and Phillies have reached an agreement on a Roy Oswalt trade, reports Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston. Berman says the Astros are now waiting for Oswalt's approval, having hammered out the players and money with the Phils. Wednesday morning, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports had reported that the players were "pretty much agreed on." Lefty J.A. Happ has been a rumored part of the deal for a while now.

Oswalt's contract has $5.46MM left from his $15MM salary this year, $16MM in 2011, and a 2012 option for $16MM with a $2MM buyout. It remains to be seen how the Astros and Phillies settled the financials and whether the Phils will pick up Oswalt's option.


....and they couldn't afford Criff Ree because........?
Last edited by AussieDodger on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 am

*places head on desk*
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 am

AussieDodger wrote:http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/astros-phillies-reach-oswalt-agreement-approval-needed.html

The Astros and Phillies have reached an agreement on a Roy Oswalt trade, reports Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston. Berman says the Astros are now waiting for Oswalt's approval, having hammered out the players and money with the Phils. Wednesday morning, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports had reported that the players were "pretty much agreed on." Lefty J.A. Happ has been a rumored part of the deal for a while now.

Oswalt's contract has $5.46MM left from his $15MM salary this year, $16MM in 2011, and a 2012 option for $16MM with a $2MM buyout. It remains to be seen how the Astros and Phillies settled the financials and whether the Phils will pick up Oswalt's option.


....and they couldn't afford Criff Ree because........?


yeah i dont really know...just running around in circles now, and this deal still doesnt really improve our pitching depth overall. im sure the 16 mil next year will really hinder the team improving their bullpen next year as well.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 am

picking up Oswalt for a year and half, maybe two, does not improve the depth? :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:54 am

wrveres wrote:picking up Oswalt for a year and half, maybe two, does not improve the depth? :-o


not when theyre giving up happ plus 1 or 2 of our very limited high upside prospects.

to me, ill take happ and 30 mil over the next 2 years rather than oswalt.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:06 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
wrveres wrote:picking up Oswalt for a year and half, maybe two, does not improve the depth? :-o


not when theyre giving up happ plus 1 or 2 of our very limited high upside prospects.

to me, ill take happ and 30 mil over the next 2 years rather than oswalt.


I guess i am not a big Happ fan ..
I'd still rather have Lee, obviously, but i like this for Philly, dependent on who else is in the deal of course.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 am

For this deal to be a success for PHI it depends on how much the Astros are chipping in.
I'd rather not have Oswalt if I have to guarantee him $16mil, that's too much for someone who was obviously declining before 2010.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 am

Going to have to see the exact deal to judge this, but if this means that they have to trade Jayson Werth to save money and "replenish the farm system" than it won't benefit the Phillies even this year at all.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 am

mweir145 wrote:Going to have to see the exact deal to judge this, but if this means that they have to trade Jayson Werth to save money and "replenish the farm system" than it won't benefit the Phillies even this year at all.


If it forces the Phillies to do anything, it is totalFAIL™ :-t
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Oswalt Possibly ---> Phillies (Pending)

Postby LloydChristmas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

This won't include Jayson Werth. My guess is Happ, Jon Singleton, and a nobody prospect and the Astros pick up $10-12 million.

Edit: It appears the "nobody prospect" could be right-handed pitcher Vance Worley.
LloydChristmas
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 157
Joined: 6 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact