Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 am

One reason I'm eager with this deal is for Kila! This sounds like a great opportunity to finally get him up to the majors and possibly give him a legit shot as some ABs on the big league club this time around.

Can't keep Ka'aihue down for that much longer, heck hes batting .324 with 24HR and a 1.070OPS at Triple-A, but even better is the 86-66 BB-K ratio hes sporting in the minors. Do we finally get to see Kila in the bigs?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 am

bazzy_51 wrote:One reason I'm eager with this deal is for Kila! This sounds like a great opportunity to finally get him up to the majors and possibly give him a legit shot as some ABs on the big league club this time around.

Can't keep Ka'aihue down for that much longer, heck hes batting .324 with 24HR and a 1.070OPS at Triple-A, but even better is the 86-66 BB-K ratio hes sporting in the minors. Do we finally get to see Kila in the bigs?

Kila won't be up until either Guillen is traded or until after the deadline.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Tavish wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:One reason I'm eager with this deal is for Kila! This sounds like a great opportunity to finally get him up to the majors and possibly give him a legit shot as some ABs on the big league club this time around.

Kila won't be up until either Guillen is traded or until after the deadline.

Very true, but the dealing of Pods definitely helps his situation, more so then hurting it at least. Also just saw this quote:

After trading OF Scott Podsednik to the Dodgers on Wednesday, Royals general manager Dayton Moore gave a hint of the team's long-term plans, particularly in regard to Triple-A slugger Kila Ka'aihue. "It's important for us to get Kila on our club, and we feel like that'll happen at some point very shortly," Moore told MLB.com. "I'm not saying it'll happen tomorrow, but we expect it to happen soon."

-CBSSports.com

So either way KC is going to try to do everything to get him up as soon as at all possible, thats all I was thinking/saying.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tavish » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeah the "process" all along this year was to have him up sometime after the Break. Once the trading deadline passes I would definitely expect him to be up shortly whether or not Guillen is still with the club. Maier and Ankiel are the ones who will likely lose ABs to move Guillen into the field and get Kila somewhat regular time at DH.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby kab21 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:wth? they got rid of pierre because they had no room with manny and now they get pods? :-?

the dodgers saved 8M by trading Pierre and Pods will make 600K for these two months. And he gives them a serviceable backup which they don't have. It's not difficult to see that both trades make sense from a Dodgers POV.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 517)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 pm

it'd make more sense if manny got caught with fertility drugs again :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Pod's wife :-L :-L :-L
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jsphlly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am

Super babe above.

FREE KIIILLLAAA!

Alex Gordon with the big boy hit tonight...
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby thejusman1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 pm

If all these rumors about the Dodgers trying to unload Manny to the White Sox (or Rays) are true, then perhaps Pods' fantasy value actually improves. Can't really know for sure until the trade deadline is over.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers