Rumor Mill - Prince to Texas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor Mill - Prince to Texas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rumor Mill - Prince to Texas?

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:20 pm

slomo007 wrote:I think Texas is content (not happy, but will make it work) with Chris Davis at 1b over the rest of the season largely due to his defense. If his bat comes around that's just the icing on the cake, but as long as he plays well defensively, the rest of the lineup can carry the offensive load. Realistically they have only 3 poor hitters in Davis, Borbon, and Molina. I expect David Murphy to steal more and more playing time from Borbon as time goes on, and especially in the playoffs so they can use Borbon as a pinch runner. When that happens, their lineup gets even better.

Chris Davis is known for his defense??

They had to move him from 3B because he was so horrible defensively. Even when he was destroying the ball his bat was barely good enough to make up for his defensive ineptitude. He's not as bad at 1B but he's still below average.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:25 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I think Texas is content (not happy, but will make it work) with Chris Davis at 1b over the rest of the season largely due to his defense. If his bat comes around that's just the icing on the cake, but as long as he plays well defensively, the rest of the lineup can carry the offensive load. Realistically they have only 3 poor hitters in Davis, Borbon, and Molina. I expect David Murphy to steal more and more playing time from Borbon as time goes on, and especially in the playoffs so they can use Borbon as a pinch runner. When that happens, their lineup gets even better.

They had to move him from 3B because he was so horrible defensively. Even when he was destroying the ball his bat was barely good enough to make up for his defensive ineptitude. He's not as bad at 1B but he's still below average.

Yes, he is.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Jeff Passan hears from a source that the Rangers are not confident about picking up Prince Fielder in a trade.

Passan's source says that the asking price is too rich and the Rangers don't want to "bankrupt their system." To say nothing of the fact that the Rangers themselves are financially bankrupt, this makes sense. They get enough offense around the rest of the infield and outfield that they can probably pass on acquiring a top-shelf first baseman.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 pm

slomo007 wrote:

Yes, he is.

This is news to me. I've always thought of him as well, well below average at 3B and average at best at 1B. But maybe I'm wrong.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:43 pm

You know, with Kinsler constantly on the DL, maybe they should consider getting Prince after all.

:-C
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

slomo007 wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:Chris Davis is known for his defense??

Yes, he is.

This is news to me. I've always thought of him as well, well below average at 3B and average at best at 1B. But maybe I'm wrong.

Here's an interesting article on a Rangers blog discussing the reasons not to make the trade for Fielder.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers