Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boone or Kent

Brett Boone
58%
Jeff Kent
42%

Total votes : 57

Postby Melo255 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:38 pm

South Park is great. Family guy is one of the funniest shows of all time period. I hate Seinfeld, hate the characters hate the stories hate it all. Now the Simpsons-that's a classic. Can't go wrong with the Simpsons. Or NewsRadio-Phil Hartman was a god.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:45 pm

Isn't it amazing how people so easily hijack other people's threads? :-t

Come on guys, if you need to take about TV shows there is the General Talk forum or at least make up your own thread.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mikcou » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:08 am

Melo255 wrote:South Park is great. Family guy is one of the funniest shows of all time period. I hate Seinfeld, hate the characters hate the stories hate it all. Now the Simpsons-that's a classic. Can't go wrong with the Simpsons. Or NewsRadio-Phil Hartman was a god.

I dont see how you can hate Seinfeld but I definetly agree with NewsRadio ;-D too bad Hartman died :~(
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:21 am

Isn't it amazing how people so easily hijack other people's threads?

Come on guys, if you need to take about TV shows there is the General Talk forum or at least make up your own thread.

Whatever my reference to South Park reference tied in directly to insinuations Boone was on steroids, then everyone else's comments tied in to eftda's comment which tied in to mine.

That's why they call it a thread, it starts one place and often ends up in another place entirely.

Don't you hate it when people try to play fun police :-t
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby blankman » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:05 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:Whatever my reference to South Park reference tied in directly to insinuations Boone was on steroids, then everyone else's comments tied in to eftda's comment which tied in to mine.

That's why they call it a thread, it starts one place and often ends up in another place entirely.

Thats not the point of a thread that asks a question. When I asked, I wanted answers to the question, not to have people talk about something completely different than whether Boone or Kent is better. Excuse me if I sound rude, but stuff like this is annoying when you are only seeking information and people take it upon themselves to "ruin" my 'quest for knowledge' by selfishly hijacking the thread for their entertainment. I have absolutely no problem with people joking around, just not at the expense of the thread maker's actual question. thank you
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:13 am

Allow me to respectfully disagree with your philosophy here. In any case, I think without the thumbs down smiley, I wouldn't have fired back at you. I think there's a better way to refocus the dialogue.

In any case, this stuff happens, the good thing is it keeps the thread on page 1, which attracts more responses, the bad thing is, you have to sift through a couple of third generation responses that don't necessarily relate to the topic at hand.

In any case, coming off as a "thread nazi" isn't going to do much for your case in my book.

I post on a couple of other message boards and I've never seen such anal retention about getting a smidgeon off topic.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Melo255 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:40 am

I feel your frustration but if it makes you feel any better I was one of the first people to reply to your topic and I gave an honest opinion on it...then only later did I feel I had to defend South Park and give Homer and Hartman their dues. I digress.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:15 am

Back to the original topic:

I prefer Kent. Higher ceiling in my opinion and a very hitter friendly park to hit in. It is close, but I give the edge to Kent.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby prodpaul » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:58 am

Madison wrote:Back to the original topic:

I prefer Kent. Higher ceiling in my opinion and a very hitter friendly park to hit in. It is close, but I give the edge to Kent.

I agree with Madison. Last year was an off year for him and I say he bounces back huge this year.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby unclepaulie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:45 am

blankman wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:Whatever my reference to South Park reference tied in directly to insinuations Boone was on steroids, then everyone else's comments tied in to eftda's comment which tied in to mine.

Thats not the point of a thread that asks a question. When I asked, I wanted answers to the question, not to have people talk about something completely different than whether Boone or Kent is better. Excuse me if I sound rude, but stuff like this is annoying when you are only seeking information and people take it upon themselves to "ruin" my 'quest for knowledge' by selfishly hijacking the thread for their entertainment. I have absolutely no problem with people joking around, just not at the expense of the thread maker's actual question. thank you

No disrespect, are you joking? I hope so.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers