Domonic Brown called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Domonic Brown called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Domonic Brown called up

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I never got this justification. The money at this point is dead money: it's paid to him regardless. Why harm yourselves further by playing him over someone who can be more effective? :-?

Yeah, it's already a sunk cost. That type of mentality is like investing more and more money into a bad company simply because you've already invested millions. At some point, you're going to have to wake up and realize it's a bad investment and cut ties.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Element » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:10 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Once Victorino comes back from the DL, they should just bite the bullet and bench Ibanez and play Dominic full-time. Ibanez has been awful since the second half of last year.

FWIW, Ibanez has hit 0.308/0.377/0.444 over the past 28 days.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Element wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:Once Victorino comes back from the DL, they should just bite the bullet and bench Ibanez and play Dominic full-time. Ibanez has been awful since the second half of last year.

mostly out of the 3 hole. i feel like i could hit .300 hitting in front of howard.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby swyck » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 am

Element wrote:

Yes. People who have been saying he's awful have fallen into the first half stat syndrome, only noticing the early slump, not the recent hot streak.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:08 am

swyck wrote:
Element wrote:

Yes. People who have been saying he's awful have fallen into the first half stat syndrome, only noticing the early slump, not the recent hot streak.

I think it's fair to value a sample size of 6 months (last 3 months of last season + first 3 months of this season) over the last month of this season.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers